Main content

Jordan McLean ruling

The NRL Judiciary Chairman has ruled that Melbourne Storm forward Jordan McLean will be permitted to play this week.

Mr Paul Conlon SC said that, under its rules, the NRL had no option but to stand down Jordan until his dangerous throw charge was heard.

But he said any player stood down would normally have his case heard before his next game.

In this case, the NRL and Melbourne Storm had agreed to defer the hearing out of respect for Newcastle forward Alex McKinnon, who was injured in the tackle.

“In my view, both the NRL and the Melbourne club should be commended for this sensible and sensitive approach to the tragic situation with which they have been confronted,” Mr Conlon said.

Mr Conlon found that “exceptional circumstances” existed in this case because the hearing had been deferred and he ruled that Jordan is entitled to play this weekend.

His charge will be heard by the NRL Judiciary on Wednesday, April 2. 

Send to a friend:
Your Name:
Your Email:
Friend's Name:
Friend's Email:
Close
Submit
loading image needs to go here
NRL State of Mind. What's your state of mind. #NRLStateOfMind. nrl.com/stateofmind