NSW coach Laurie Daley has named St George Illawarra fullback Josh Dugan to replace the injured Jarryd Hayne for State of Origin II at Suncorp Stadium.
Dugan, who has played just five games for the Dragons since returning to the NRL, has not played Origin since 2011.
Incumbent No.1 Hayne injured his hamstring in Parramatta's round 13 loss to the Sydney Roosters.
Wests Tigers prop Aaron Woods makes his Origin debut in place of James Tamou, who will serve a suspension for game two.
NSW Blues team for State of Origin II:
1. Josh Dugan (St George Illawarra)
2. Brett Morris (St George Illawarra)
3. Michael Jennings (Sydney)
4. Josh Morris (Canterbury)
5. Blake Ferguson (Canberra)
6. James Maloney (Sydney)
7. Mitchell Pearce (Sydney)
8. Paul Gallen (c) (Cronulla)
9. Robbie Farah (vc) (Wests Tigers)
10. Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers)
11. Ryan Hoffman (Melbourne)
12. Luke Lewis (Cronulla)
13. Greg Bird (Gold Coast)
14. Andrew Fifita (Cronulla)
15. Trent Merrin (St George Illawarra)
16. Josh Reynolds (Canterbury)
17. Anthony Watmough (Manly)