The Maroons have made to two changes for their team for game two. Credit: NRL Photos Copyright: NRL Photos
Daly Cherry-Evans and Josh Papalii will make their State of Origin debuts on June 26 at Suncorp Stadium after Queensland today announced two changes to the side that lost 14-6 to New South Wales in the opening game at ANZ Stadium.
Canberra’s David Shillington and Gold Coast’s Ashley Harrison are the two players left out of the team, with the Maroons also deciding to reshuffle their pack, moving Nate Myles to prop and Chris McQueen starting in the second row.
Cherry-Evans will reprise the utility role off the bench similar to the one served by Cooper Cronk in recent series, while Papalii will add some extra size to a mobile Queensland bench.
Roosters prop Martin Kennedy has been called into the squad as 18th man.
The Maroons need to win the encounter at Suncorp Stadium to keep the series alive.
In NSW team news, Nathan Merritt was today announced as a replacement for Blake Ferguson and will make his long awaited debut on the wing.
Queensland Team for Game II at Suncorp Stadium on June 26.Untitled Document
- Billy Slater Melbourne Storm
- Darius Boyd Newcastle Knights
- Greg Inglis South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Justin Hodges Brisbane Broncos
- Brent Tate North Queensland Cowboys
- Johnathan Thurston North Queensland Cowboys
- Cooper Cronk Melbourne Storm
- Matt Scott North Queensland Cowboys
- Cameron Smith (c) Melbourne Storm
- Nate Myles Gold Coast Titans
- Chris McQueen South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Sam Thaiday Brisbane Broncos
- Corey Parker Brisbane Broncos
- Daly Cherry-Evans Manly Sea Eagles
- Ben Te’o South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Matt Gillett Brisbane Broncos
- Josh Papalii Canberra Raiders
- Martin Kennedy Sydney Roosters
Coach: Mal Meninga