Queensland are sticking with the same 17 for the decider. Credit: NRL Photos Copyright: NRL Photos
Queensland has today named an unchanged line-up for the deciding game of the Holden State of Origin series against New South Wales at ANZ Stadium on Wednesday, July 17.
The Maroons are unaffected by injuries and Coach Mal Meninga named the same side that performed a 26-6 demolition job of the Blues in game II at Suncorp Stadium.
While Queensland will stick with their winning formula and are on the verge of claiming an unprecedented eighth straight series victory, the Blues have already been forced to make changes due to injury with Jarryd Hayne replaced by James McManus.
It might not be the only change the Blues are forced to make with a number of key players under a fitness cloud. Captain Paul Gallen and forward Greg Bird were both sporting moonboots on Monday morning and are in doubt for the clash despite being named in the starting line-up.
In contrast, the Maroons will head into camp today full of fitness and confidence.
Johnathan Thurston will be looking for a perfect preparation after struggling with a groin complaint in the opening game, before needing hospitalisation on the eve of game II – where he literally got out of his hospital bed to star for the Maroons. If Thurston – who is the only player to have played in every single game of Queensland’s seven year dominance, is fully fit, it could spell massive dramas for New South Wales.
Daly Cherry-Evans will reprise his role off the bench, as will Josh Papalii.
Jacob Lillyman has been named as 18th man and Will Chambers 19th to cover any possible injuries during the build-up.
ANZ Stadium is officially sold-out for Game III.
Queensland team for Origin Decider at ANZ Stadium on Wednesday, July 17
- Billy Slater - Melbourne Storm
- Darius Boyd - Newcastle Knights
- Greg Inglis - South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Justin Hodges - Brisbane Broncos
- Brent Tate - North Queensland Cowboys
- Johnathan Thurston - North Queensland Cowboys
- Cooper Cronk - Melbourne Storm
- Matt Scott - North Queensland Cowboys
- Cameron Smith (c) - Melbourne Storm
- Nate Myles -Gold Coast Titans
- Chris McQueen - South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Sam Thaiday - Brisbane Broncos
- Corey Parker - Brisbane Broncos
- Daly Cherry-Evans - Manly Sea Eagles
- Ben Te’o - South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Matt Gillett - Brisbane Broncos
- Josh Papalii - Canberra Raiders
- Jacob Lillyman - New Zealand Warriors
- Will Chambers - Melbourne Storm
Coach: Mal Meninga