Some usual suspects and exciting newcomers figure in our Team of the Week for Round 3.
1. James Tedesco (Wests Tigers): Had another wow of a game in last Friday’s win over the Rabbitohs, scoring a brilliant try, assisting another and running 114 metres.
2. Semi Radradra (Eels): Produced a stunning outing at Brookvale Oval, scoring two tries, notching a grubber-to-flickpass assist, running 184 metres and breaking a stack of tackles.
3. Michael Jennings (Roosters): An early try and a pair of line breaks against Brisbane for the electric NSW centre, who is looking super sharp already this season.
4. Steve Matai (Sea Eagles): Two tries including the last-gasp match-winner, a try assist and 143 run metres made the tough veteran a standout against Parramatta.
5. Brett Morris (Dragons): Scored an incredible, unforgettable Superman try against the Sharks in a two-try match that brought up his NRL ton of four-pointers.
6. Jamie Soward (Panthers): Delivered three try assists against the Bulldogs, including a superb long cut-out pass for the match-winner at the death.
7. Cooper Cronk (Storm): Delivered a rolled gold performance befitting a Dally M-winning Test halfback against the Knights, featuring a pair of try assists and sublime kicking.
8. Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers): The classy young prop stood up with a relentless performance against Souths’ Burgess brothers, churning out 138 metres and 29 tackles.
9. Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers): Revelling in the pace of the NRL this season, running 155 metres, notching a try assist and making 40 tackles against Souths.
10. Jesse Bromwich (Storm): Proved he is worth every cent of his new Melbourne contract, powering through 143 tough metres and 29 tackles against Newcastle.
11. Ben Creagh (Dragons): Playing like the skipper of a team with something to prove, Creagh has started the season on fire and ran for 146 metres against Cronulla with 23 tackles.
12. Tariq Sims (Cowboys): Really hitting his straps again after a run of injury and patchy form, he made 131 metres and 31 tackles in aggressive fashion against the Warriors.
13. Trent Merrin (Dragons): Becoming an absolute numbers machine with the quality to match, the mobile forward made 133 metres and 42 tackles against the Sharks.
14. Luke Brooks (Wests Tigers): Did we mention this kid is exciting? Another pair of try assists, including a brilliant kick for a Tedesco four-pointer, and a general oozing of class against a top team.
15. Ben Hunt (Broncos): The slow-blooming halfback had perhaps the best game of his career against the Roosters, scoring two tries and making two try assists.
16. Sam Thaiday (Broncos): The quality you expect of the Test and Queensland forward against the Roosters, with a try, 133 metres and 28 tackles.
17. Jacob Lillyman (Warriors): The Queensland prop got through a mountain of work against former club North Queensland, taking just 43 minutes to rack up 180 metres and 27 tackles off the bench.
We will be naming our Team of the Week throughout the season - join us at 1pm every Tuesday for our Team Lists Live Chat to let us know what you think of the side.