Star fullback James Tedesco will have decided his future by the time he returns for Wests Tigers next week, and, according to his manager, it won't be solely dictated by money.
Tedesco is set to return from an ankle injury for the Tigers' round 13 match against Newcastle on June 8, with the joint venture enjoying the bye this weekend.
The 21-year-old's manager Sam Ayoub and Wests Tigers boss Grant Mayer both hosed down reports the Tigers had issued a 5pm deadline on Monday for Tedesco to decide his future.
Mayer confirmed discussions were ongoing with Ayoub on Monday but denied an ultimatum had been made.
"Not at all," he said.
"The reality of the situation is discussions are ongoing and we are hopeful of retaining James.
"We are keen for him to be part of the future of the club."
Mayer described reports of a $2 million offer over four years as "nonsensical".
"We are in further discussions but after that I don't want to comment any more."
Ayoub said the Camden Rams junior was keen to have his future sorted out before his likely return against the Knights.
Tedesco has been linked to a move to Canberra, with Raiders chief executive David Furner signalling the start of an aggressive recruitment campaign.
Canterbury captain Michael Ennis and Penrith winger Josh Mansour have also been linked to Ricky Stuart's side.
Ayoub described as "baseless" reports that the Raiders had tabled a $3.2 million deal to Tedesco.
He said the Tigers had presented an offer and Tedesco was waiting on the Raiders before deciding where he would be playing in 2015 and beyond.
"It is an ongoing process and we are working through that," Ayoub said.
"We are hoping to make a decision as soon as possible to ease the pressure on him.
"And contrary to some of the reports out there, the decision he does make won't be solely based on money."