David Mead has replaced Josh Dugan at fullback for Country Origin. Credit: Ian Knight/NRL Photos Copyright: Ian Knight/NRL Photos
Injuries have forced three changes to the Country Origin side for Sunday's annual City v Country fixture, all from the St George Illawarra Dragons.
Fullback Josh Dugan (ankle), forward Trent Merrin (hand) and Country 18th man Tyson Frizell (ankle) have been replaced by Titans outside back David Mead and Newcastle back rower Robbie Rochow.
Rochow joins the Country bench with North Queensland's Tariq Sims moving into the starting lineup to replace Merrin. Shaun Fensom (Canberra Raiders) is the new 18th man.
Mead joins fellow Titans back Kevin Gordon, who himself was a late injury call-up in place of Cronulla namesake Michael Gordon.
Merrin is considered a certainty for State of Origin Game 1 on May 28, while Dugan is widely tipped to get first crack at the NSW fullback spot with Parramatta's Jarryd Hayne likely to be moved into the three-quarter line.
New Country line-up:
1. David Mead (Gold Coast Titans)
2. Kevin Gordon (Gold Coast Titans)
3. Jack Wighton (Canberra Raiders)
4. Jamal Idris (Penrith Panthers)
5. James McManus (Newcastle Knights)
6. Jarrod Mullen (Newcastle Knights)
7. Tyrone Roberts (Newcastle Knights)
8. Tariq Sims (North Queensland Cowboys)
9. Mitch Rein (St George Illawarra Dragons)
10. Aiden Tolman (Canterbury Bulldogs)
11. Beau Scott (c) (Newcastle Knights)
12. Josh Jackson (Canterbury Bulldogs)
13. Adam Docker (Penrith Panthers)
Interchange: 14. Josh McCrone (Canberra Raiders) 15. Paul Vaughan (Canberra Raiders) 16. Dale Finucane (Canterbury Bulldogs) 17. Robbie Rochow (Newcastle Knights). 18. Shaun Fensom (Canberra Raiders)