About the RiseForAlex Fund
Following the tragic career ending and life changing injury to twenty two year old Newcastle Knights forward Alex McKinnon, the RiseForAlex Fund has been independently established to provide Alex with the ongoing financial and medical support he desperately needs.
The RiseForAlex Fund will provide Alex McKinnon with ongoing medical rehabilitation, housing suitable for his mobility and movement, essential physiotherapy equipment and many more necessities to ensure Alex is taken care of by the game he loves.
The NRL will be supporting the RiseForAlex Fund by turning Round 19 of the 2014 Telstra Premiership competition into the RiseForAlex Round. The NRL will also be donating one dollar to the RiseForAlex Fund for every fan who attends any match during Round 19.
For more information about Alex and the RiseForAlex Fund visit riseforalex.org.au
How you can donate
The Rugby League community and all Australians can make a donation to the RiseForAlex Fund. There are a number of ways to donate to the RiseForAlex Fund;
- By attending any match during Round 19. The NRL will be donating one dollar to the RiseForAlex Fund for every fan who attends any match during this round.
- By texting 'RiseForAlex' to 0498 555 555
- By visiting the RiseForAlex Fund website and donating online.
- By calling the Telethon during The Footy Show on Channel Nine on Thursday 17 July and making a donation.
- By purchasing a RiseForAlex wristband at any of the matches over the RiseForAlex Round.
The RiseForAlex Round is set to symbolize texactly what makes Rugby League the greatest game of all as clubs, sponsors, media partners and fans all join together to support one of our own. With activities happening across each match during RiseForAlex Round, it's just a matter of attending any game to make a difference. Find out more about Round 19.