The two core programs delivered by NRL Pacific Staff are Voice Against Violence workshops and League Bilong Laif in school sessions.
League for Life in school is designed to engage children with education in and out of the classroom via communication of positive social messages.
The Voice Against Violence program is aimed at informing and empowering young men and women (aged 16 years or older) to stand up, speak out and take action against domestic violence.
Specifically, the program looks to:
- Change attitudes and behaviours regarding domestic and gender-based violence of men and women;
- Educate and engage young men and women via program activities;
- Encourage individual behaviour change;
- Foster and encourage role models that promote healthy behaviours and gender equality; and
- Promote messaging around the prevention of violence.