• Lives in Sydney, NSW
  • Captained the Australian schoolboys Rugby League team
  • Debuted with St. George Illawarra Dragons in 2010
  • Played with North Queensland Cowboys and most recently with Parramatta Eels
  • Has made 43 appearances in the NRL
  • State of Mind and Voice Against Violence Advocate since 2018

Road to Regions - Cameron King in Wagga Wagga

Biography

Born in Wagga Wagga, NSW, Cameron King captained the Australian Schoolboys team in 2009, making his first-grade debut for the St. George Illawarra Dragons in 2010

In 2013 he signed to the North Queensland Cowboys and has since played with the Parramatta Eels until being released at the end of the 2018 season.

Cameron is passionate about engaging with the community beyond the field as an Advocate for the State of Mind and Voice Against Violence programs. He said using the platform he has as an NRL player allows him to be a positive voice in the community.

It's ok to talk to people and to ask for help. Life is hard sometimes and you need to be able to lean on people for support through tough times.

Cameron King

"Giving back to the game and community means a lot to me and I thoroughly enjoying getting out and about meeting new people from all walks of life."

"I have been engaged in a wide range of community activities since I was 17 and being at three different clubs I feel I have met and experienced a lot of different people and communities such as inner Sydney all the way up to far North Queensland."

Having experienced professional challenges, Cameron says he understands the need to focus on mental as well as physical health.

"I feel I bring experience especially to the State of Mind role being in the game for many years and facing many mental battles due to experience through injury and hard times."

Cameron King joined NRL stars from across Australia to listen to leading mental health experts at his induction.
Cameron King joined NRL stars from across Australia to listen to leading mental health experts at his induction.
Acknowledgement of Country

National Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.