You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

Fast facts

• Born, raised and lived in Brisbane, QLD
  • Debuted with the Sydney Roosters in 2005
  • Played junior league for Brothers Juniors from 1989-1994, Norths Aspley Devils from 1995-1997, Valleys in 1998, and Norths St Joseph's in 1999
  • Played with Sydney Roosters from 2005-2008, Canberra Raiders from 2009-2015 and Gold Coast Titans from 2016-2017
  • Played 215 first grade games, eight State of Origin games and 14 International Test for Australia
  • Recipient of the 2010 Dally M Prop of the Year, 2015 Academic Team of the Year, and Ken Stephens nominee in 2011
  • Retired from professional rugby league in 2016
  • NRL Ambassador in 2017
  • NRL Community Program Deliverer since 2018

Fun facts

• Favourite NRL team: Gold Coast Titans
  • Career ambition as a kid: A fireman
  • Favourite food.: Lasagna
  • Spirit animal: A giraffe
  • What's on TV (when the footy isn't on): ABC Kids with the kids!

Biography

Introduced to rugby league by his two older brothers and friends from school, David Shillington played junior league for a number of Brisbane league clubs from 1989 to 1999, making waves from a young age within the sport.

"I am still friends with the boys I played with in Under 7s today," said David.

Debuting with the Sydney Roosters in 2005, David enjoyed a successful 12-year-career with three clubs before retiring at the end of the 2016 season with the Gold Coast Titans.

Throughout his career, David represented Queensland in eight maroon-dominant State of Origin games and 14 International Tests for Australia.

Having always enjoyed giving back to the community, David became a NRL Ambassador in 2017 and in 2018 became a NRL Community Program Deliverer, pledging to support the various community programs and broader game.

"There are many wonderful things the NRL do in the community that makes a real difference and drives positive social change. I'm hoping to be able to contribute to that and make a difference," said David.

"I'm very passionate about the NRL Voice Against Violence and State of Mind programs, and the opportunity that NRL has to make a positive impact on society."

In addition to being a NRL Community Program Deliverer, David is a White Ribbon Ambassador and is currently working on developing wellness workshops for schools and retired athletes.

David lives in Brisbane with his wife and two kids, three-year-old Eve and two-year-old Ted, who may just dominate the field in a couple of years.

"Ted is growing big fast and starting to look like a front rower," David said.

Acknowledgement of Country

National Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.