Telstra is giving you the chance to win the Ultimate NRL Grand Final experience on October 3 in Sydney thanks to the Telstra virtual Tug of War, running throughout the Preliminary Finals.
For your chance to win, simply SMS 0427 MY TEAM (0427 698 326) and the name of your favourite team in either of the Preliminary Finals (either Titans, Roosters, St George or Tigers). With every SMS received, Telstra will donate ten cents to the Telstra Child Flight emergency helicopter.
NRL legends Trevor Gillmeister (Titans), Bryan Fletcher (Roosters), Wendell Sailor (St George) and Paul Sironen (Tigers) are supporting this great cause and have accepted the challenge to turn the virtual Tug of War into a real physical encounter! The four legends are hoping to square off in an on-field Tug of War at both Preliminary Finals during half time.
Lucky fans of both teams will be randomly chosen from the crowd on each game day, to add some muscle to their teams’ effort to take out the Telstra Tug of War challenge!
Don’t miss your chance to support your team and the invaluable work that the Telstra Child Flight emergency helicopter carries out every day!
Terms and Conditions of Entry for the Telstra Tug of War – Preliminary Finals Promotion
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
2. The Promoter is Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556 of Level 2, 400 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000 ("Promoter").
3. The Promotion will be open from 9:00 am Australian Eastern Standard Time ("AEST") on 19 September 2010 and will continue until 9:00 am AEST on 27 September 2010 ("Promotion Period").
4. Entry is open to all Australian residents, aged 18 years and over, other than management, employees or contractors of the Promoter and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of prizes), and their immediate families ("Eligible Entrants").
5. There are two separate draws, one for each of the NRL preliminary finals taking place on 24 & 25 September 2010. When entering you need to specify which draw you intend to enter by doing the following:
(a) To enter the draw related to the first preliminary final: SMS the nickname of one of the teams playing in the first 2010 NRL preliminary final match (for example, if Cronulla were playing in that game, SMS ‘Sharks’) to 0427 MYTEAM (0427 698 326) (“Eligible Entry for 1st Preliminary Final Draw”); or
(b) To enter the draw related to the second preliminary final: SMS the nickname of one of the teams playing in the second 2010 NRL preliminary final match (for example, if St George Illawarra were playing in that game SMS ‘Dragons’) to 0427 MYTEAM (0427 698 326) (“Eligible Entry for 2nd Preliminary Final Draw”).
6. For each Eligible Entry, received during the Promotion Period, the Promoter will donate $0.10 cents to Telstra Child Flight.
7. Eligible Entrants may enter the Promotion as many times as they like.
8. The maximum cost for the SMS will be 55 cents (including GST).
9. A computerised draw for the prizes will take place at 2:00 pm AEST on 27 September 2010 (“Draw Date”) at Level 2, 400 George Street, Sydney, NSW ("Draw Location")"), from all Eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. The draw will be conducted by a representative of the Promoter.
10. The Eligible Entrant with the first valid Eligible Entry drawn from the 1st Preliminary Final Draw will win from the Promoter an NRL Grand Final package valued at $3,590.00 (inc. GST).
11. The Eligible Entrant with the first valid Eligible Entry drawn from the 2nd Preliminary Final Draw will win from the Promoter an NRL Grand Final package valued at $3,590.00 (inc. GST).
12. The NRL Grand Final package consists of;
(a) return economy airfares for two adults from the winner’s nearest capital city to Sydney, departing on 3 October 2010 and returning on 4 October 2010, valued at up to $2,000.00 (inc GST) (unless the winner’s nearest capital city is Sydney, in which case this component of the Prize is forfeited);
(b) transfers to and from Sydney airport and from the hotel to ANZ Stadium for two adults, valued up to $220.00 (inc GST);
(c) one night accommodation, twin-share for two adults at a minimum three and a half star hotel in the Sydney CBD, valued at up to $500.00 (inc GST);
(d) two A-Reserve General Admission tickets to the Telstra NRL Grand Final to be held on 3 October 2010 at ANZ Stadium, Edwin Flack Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park, NSW, valued at $270.00 (inc GST); and
(e) two supporter packs including a Big League Magazine, Flag, Cap, Football, Jersey and scarf, valued at $600.00 (in GST).
13. Each Prize winner will be notified by telephone and in writing on 27 September 2010. The winners' details will be published in The Australian newspaper on 29 September 2010.
14. In the event that a Prize has not been claimed by 2:00 pm AEST on 29 September 2010, a computerised re-draw for the Prize will take place at 3:00 pm AEST on 29 September 2010 at the Draw Location, subject to any written directions given by State and Territory gaming departments. The re-draw Prize winner will be notified by telephone and in writing on 29 September 2010. The re-draw winner's details will be published in The Australian newspaper on 1 October 2010.
15. The total Prize pool value is $7,180.00 (including GST).
16. Prizes are not exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash except that the Prize may only be transferred where the alternative recipient is nominated at the time the Prize winner is notified that they have won a Prize. All other costs associated with the Prize, including but not limited to spending money, meals, taxes, additional transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included and are the responsibility of the winner and their guests. Prize must be taken on dates specified and is subject to booking and flight availability. Blackout periods may occur. The Prize will be valid for use on 3 October 2010 only.
17. The Promoter shall not be liable for any Prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way before it reaches the winner.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize.
19. If the Promoter is unable to provide a winner with the nominated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of equal or greater monetary value to the nominated Prize, subject to any written directions given by State or Territory gaming departments.
20. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
21. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, subject to State and Territory regulations.
22. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
23. Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions of entry. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. By entering the Promotion, the entrant understands and agrees that the Promoter may use and disclose the information provided by the entrant on the terms and for the purposes (including marketing) set out in the Promoter’s Privacy Statement available at www.telstra.com.au/privacy/privacy_statement.html or by calling 1800 039 059, as if they were a customer of the Promoter. The entrant agrees that the Promoter can continue to contact them even after this Promotion ends. If the entrant would like to access or correct the personal information that the Promoter holds about the entrant, or if the entrant does not wish the information to be disclosed, the entrant should advise the Promoter by phoning 1800 039 059.
26. By entering into the Promotion, the entrant agrees and acknowledges that:
(a) they may be contacted by the Promoter to provide comments about the competition and the Promoter (or an agent of the Promoter) may take photos of them;
(b) the Promoter may use such comments or photos (the "Materials") for the Promoter's future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them;
(c) the Promoter may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as the Promoter wishes at any time, anywhere, and by any means. The Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
(d) they acknowledge that, by entering the Promotion, they grant to the Promoter on creation of the Materials a royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use the Materials for whatever purpose;
(e) they unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given ("Moral Rights");
(f) they waive all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise outside Australia; and
(g) they agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of their Moral Rights in the Materials.
27. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or indirect loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this Promotion.
28. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the Prize.
Authorised by permit numbers:
ACT: TP 10/03582