Preston Campbell Medal Promotion 2011
Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these Terms & Conditions. Entries not complying with these Terms & Conditions are ineligible and the Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion not to accept entry of any Participant in the Promotion.
2. In these Terms & Conditions:
“MyNRL Member” means any person that has completed the MyNRL online registration process at NRL.COM and registered as a MyNRL Member and been recorded as such on the MyNRL Membership database;
“Participant” means a person who is eligible to participate in the Promotion;
“Promoter” means National Rugby League Limited ABN 23 082 088 962;
“Promotion” means the Preston Campbell Medal Promotion 2011; and
“NRL.COM” means the web site located at www.nrl.com accessible on the internet through the World Wide Web or via other wireless platforms connected to the internet; and
3. Entry in the Promotion is open to Australian residents only. Management, employees, contractors of the Promoter, the NRL and NRL Clubs, their agencies and other firms or companies associated with the Promotion, and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter.
4. The Promotion commences at 6:45 pm (A.E.S.T) on 12 February 2011 and ends at 8:40 pm (A.E.S.T) on 12 February 2011 (“Promotion Period”).
5. Each Participant that enters into the Promotion agrees to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. The time of entry will in each case be the time the on-line or SMS entry is received by NRL and recorded on the voting database.
How to enter
6. To enter and be eligible to win, Participants must, during the Promotion Period:
(a) complete the electronic entry form by selecting a player and including all required contact information or;
(b) SMS their club and player nomination to 0439 46 46 46
7. The Participant’s name will automatically be entered into the Promotion’s database to go into the draw to win.
8. Participants are permitted to enter the promotion as many times as they like.
9. Only 1 vote per person per method available ( online & SMS ) will be counted towards the Preston Campbell medal voting however
10. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanism or electronic means that allows a Participant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Participant invalid.
11. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in the Promotion by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Promotion or acts in violation of these Terms & Conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
12. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion not to accept for registration any Participant, including if the registration contains anything slanderous or defamatory or is otherwise unsightly in any way.
13. Participant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winner’s names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
14. A Participant may be subject to content service fees imposed by its telecommunications provider whilst using NRL.COM or when sending an SMS to 0439 46 46 46 for the purpose of participating in the Promotion.
15. All decisions as to whether a Participant’s entry has been incorrectly submitted, is incomplete or is included in the Promotion will be at the sole discretion of the Promoter. The Promoter and its agencies associated with the Promotion are not liable and do not accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission or communications line failure that may result in a Participant’s entry not being received or received properly, or once received being included by the Promoter in the Promotion. This includes any errors or failures that are caused by the Promoter and its agencies, including those arising out of any negligence or breach of duty on their behalf.
16. Prizes are not transferable.
17. No one prize will be valued at more than $1,000 and the total prize pool will not exceed $100,000.
18. In the event a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of similar value subject to state regulation.
19. Winners will be drawn on 12 February 2011. The draw will be an electronic draw that will take place at 9:00pm ( A.E.D.T ) at The Entertainment Quarter, Level 2, 215 Bent Street, Moore Park NSW 1363. Participants are not required to be present at the draw.
Notification of winners
20. Every reasonable effort will be made to notify the winners by email or telephone within 2 working days of the draw and by mail within 28 days. The winners’ names will also be published on NRL.COM by 15 February 2011. It is the Participant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter if their contact details change during the Promotion Period.
21. All Participants consent to publishing their name on NRL.COM.
22. Arrangements will be made between the Promoter and the winner to collect their prize. In the event that the winner does not claim their prize for whatever reason, or if the Participant does not satisfy these Terms & Conditions, the winner forfeits their prize.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to request that the winner provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that the winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
Second chance draw
24. A winner has 3 months to claim their prize by contacting the Promoter by telephone on the number provided below. In the event that the winner does not claim their prize for whatever reason, or if the Participant does not satisfy these Terms & Conditions or forfeits their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to conduct a second chance draw.
25. The second chance draw will take place at a place, date and time to be disclosed by the Promoter on NRL.COM if required. Every effort will be made to contact the second chance draw winners and the second chance draw winners’ names will be published on NRL.COM.
26. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter and their related bodies corporate, officers, employees, contractors and agents, and all other suppliers of prizes, will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss) which is suffered or sustained in connection with the Promotion, the promotion of the Promotion or the use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
27. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or to cancel the Promotion.
28. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms & Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend the Promotion.
29. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions from the various state lottery departments.
30. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
31. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and your name will be included on a database to be owned by NRL and Telstra. You consent to the Promoter and Telstra contacting you in the future in relation to other promotions or third party goods and services.
32. Respondents must reply ‘stop’ to the number to ensure opt out of future NRL communications
33. The Promoter reserves the right to alter these Terms & Conditions, withdraw any prize from the Promotion or alter or cancel all or part of any the Promotion in its absolute discretion without notice.
34. The Promoter is the National Rugby League Ltd ABN 23 082 088 962 of The Entertainment Quarter, Level 2, 215 Bent Street, Moore Park NSW 1363. Telephone (02) 9339 8500. Facsimile (02) 9339 8508.
35. The Promotion is authorised to be conducted under NSW Permit No. LTPM/11/00091 and ACT Permit No. ACT TP 11/00297.1.
36. NRL respects the privacy of its fans, clubs, players, business contacts and employees. To see the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at http://www.nrl.com/nrlhome/privacy/tabid/10627/default.aspx.