Cuthbertson signs for Newcastle
The Newcastle Knights have today secured the signature of forward Adam Cuthbertson to a three-year contract.
Cuthbertson, who has previously played at Manly, Cronulla and St. George, is looking forward to calling Newcastle home.
“I have moved around the last few years, which wasn’t in my plans so it is exciting to sign a three-year deal with the Knights and to put all my energy into this Club,” the 26-year old said.
“There were many aspects that made the decision right to come to the Knights, including Wayne (Bennett) who helped turn my career around.
“This Club has great support and this region love their rugby league so it will be great to be apart of it.”
Cuthbertson, who was selected in the City Origin team last season, will be a valuable addition to the Knights forward pack.
"Adam is a natural ball player who has the ability to change the course of a game through his unique skill set,” CEO Matthew Gidley said.
“He will add further genuine NRL experience to our 2012 squad and Adam’s versatility is also a valuable attribute in the modern game.”
Cuthbertson will commence preseason training with the Knights on Monday November 7.