Trent Robinson's decision to start Siosiua Taukeiaho against the Sea Eagles in proved to be the right one as the Tongan international topped the VB Hard Earned Index en route to his side's big win.
Taukeiaho was unstoppable in the Tricolours win over Manly, chalking up 238 metres in his 63 minutes, while also racking up 16 runs that went for more than eight metres as well as seven additional carries.
Adding in his 28 tackles, Taukeiaho finished top of the VB Hard Earned Index in Round 2 with 98 points — narrowly ahead of Rabbitohs captain Cameron Murray, whose reserved role in coming off the bench saw him chalk up 96 points.
Murray's effort in trying to get his side over the line was encapsulated by his 44 tackles, which was more than any other player in the Hard Earned Index Top 20.
Hard Earned Index regulars Isaah Yeo (88 points) and Payne Haas (85) once again showed their class to finish the round as third and fourth respectively, while Sharks new recruit Dale Finucane was narrowly behind with 84 points.
Frizell great grab and touchdown
Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett was impressed with what he saw from Tevita Pangai jnr against his old side, and the numbers showed why with the powerful forward making 10 runs of eight metres or more and seven offloads as part of his 80 points.
Haumole Olakau'atu, who finished the round in 12th position on the Hard Earned Index, made a remarkable 12 tackle breaks to lead that category.
VB Hard Earned Index: Round 2
- Siosiua Taukeiaho (Roosters) — 98 points
- Cameron Murray (Rabbitohs) — 96 points
- Isaah Yeo (Panthers) — 88 points
- Payne Haas (Broncos) — 85 points
- Dale Finucane (Sharks) — 84 points
- Tyson Frizell (Knights) — 84 points
- Tevita Pangai Jnr (Bulldogs) — 80 points
- Nat Butcher (Roosters) — 79 points
- Tevita Tatola (Rabbitohs) — 78 points
- Corey Waddell (Bulldogs) — 76 points