The NRLW Premiership is an elite competition that features some of the world's best female rugby league players.
Four clubs – Brisbane Broncos, Sydney Roosters, St George Illawarra Dragons and New Zealand Warriors – successfully won licences for the inaugural season in 2018.
International and representative players were recruited by clubs under a specialised salary cap points system in the inaugural year before the second edition saw more than a 40 percent player turnover across the competition.
The NRLW Premiership is played as double-headers to the men's NRL regular season and finals series matches, while in 2019 there were two standalone fixtures at Sydney's Leichhardt Oval and Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland in a history-making experience.
The Broncos are the reigning champions with back-to-back premierships following wins over the Dragons and Roosters in 2018 and 2019 respectively.
Key summary to the NRLW Premiership
- Squads of 22
- Duration of matches: 60 minutes of regular time (two 30 minutes halves)
- Interchanges: a total of 10 in regular time (with two interchanges available in the case of Golden Point)
- 40/30 kick advantage: providing for tactical kicking and unpredictability during matches
- Two on-field referees and the NRL Bunker in use
- Injury Surveillance, including the management of head injuries and/or concussion.
- Judiciary procedures
- Shot clocks
For matches other than the grand final, in the event of a draw at the conclusion of regular time, golden point will apply, with a maximum of five minutes each way and the first team to score will win.
If neither team scores during golden point, a draw will be awarded.
In the case of a requirement for golden point in the grand final, five minutes extra time each way will be played (regardless of how many points are scored).
If, after 70 minutes, the game remains a draw, unlimited golden point will be played, with no change of ends or time limit, until a point is scored to determine the winner.
List of premiership winners
Karyn Murphy medal winners
The Karyn Murphy medal is awarded to the player of the NRLW Premiership grand final.
Dally M medal winners
The Dally M medal is awarded to the player of the NRLW Premiership based on a 3-2-1 voting system throughout the season.
* Prior to the NRLW Premiership in 2018, three Dally M medal winners were named based on their efforts at the international level in those years.
Veronica White medal winners
The Veronica White medal recognises the incredible contributions that so many female rugby league players are making to their local communities and beyond and is voted by a panel of experts from across the game.
|2019||Honey Hireme-Smiler||NZ Warriors|