Becoming an Immortal
1. Individual must be a member of the NRL Hall of Fame
1. Hall of Fame Player Register (see Hall of Fame Player Register) – less current Immortals – advanced by Awards Sub-Committee to Screening Committee for screening process
2. Screening Committee to reduce Hall of Fame Player Register to 20 by the end of the first deliberation stage
3. Screening Committee tasked with reducing the list from 20 to the final 5 players by the conclusion of the second deliberation stage.
4. Final Ballot (5) confirmed and documented by the Awards Sub-Committee
SCREENING PROCESS - IMMORTALS
1. Screening Committee invited to take part in designated one (1) day screening session hosted by the Awards Sub-Committee.
2. Eligible players from the Hall of Fame Player Register presented to the Screening Committee for initial evaluation.
3. Screening Committee tasked with reducing the extended list down to twenty (20) by the end of the first deliberation stage (see Table.4).
4. Screening Committee tasked with reducing the list from 20 to the final 5 players by the conclusion of the second deliberation stage.
5. Final Ballot (5) confirmed and documented by the Awards Sub-Committee Table.4
|SCREENING PROCESS - IMMORTALS|
|SCREENING||Overview & Briefing|
|PROVISIONAL BALLOT||Presentation of Hall of Fame Player Register|
|DELIBERATION STAGE 1||Hall of Fame Player Register reduced to 20|
|INTERMISSION & REVIEW|
|DISCUSSION POINTS||Key Discussion Points tabled for 20|
|DELIBERATION STAGE 2||20 nominated reduced to final 5|
|REVIEW||Awards Sub-Committee to finalise Final Ballot (5)|
SELECTION PANEL GUIDELINES
1. Selection Panel members nominated and confirmed by Awards Sub-Committee
2. Selection Panel to consist of twelve (12) members
3. Selection Panel to convene for one (1) voting session hosted by Awards Sub-Committee
4. Selection Panel to be provided with Guiding Principles to support voting process
5. Selection Panel presented all five (5) finalists on the Final Five via the official Hall of Fame Voting Application e.g. detailed biographies, images and career statistics.
6. Selection Panel to submit a total of three (3) nominations via 3-point voting system (see Voting Determinant - Immortals)
7. Selection Panel auto-prompted to review selections before submitting final votes
8. Final votes submitted to Independent Auditor (see Auditor)
NOTE: Votes cannot be changed or retracted once submitted via voting application
HALL OF FAME PLAYER REGISTER
- Complete list of players inducted into the NRL Hall of Fame
- 5 players elected by Screening Committee out of the Hall of Fame Register
INDUCTION DETERMINANT - IMMORTALS
- Individuals that achieve an aggregate of 20% or greater of the total votes available will qualify for induction into the Immortals (see Table.5):
|POINTS PER JUDGE||3||TOP SELECTION|
|1||THIRD & FINAL SELECTION|
|TOTAL POINTS PER JUDGE||6||INDIVIDUAL AGGREGATE|
|TOTAL POINTS AVAILABLE||72||TOTAL AGGREGATE|
|TOTAL POINTS REQUIRED FOR INCLUSION||15 >||20% OF TOTAL VOTES|
INDUCTION PARAMETERS – IMMORTALS
Minimum of one (1) induction – Maximum two (2) inductions per four (4) year cycle
In the event two (2) or more individuals achieve the same number of votes – a countback mechanism will be executed to determine who received the higher tally of three (3) point votes, two (2) point votes and one (1) point votes.
IMPORTANT: It will be at the discretion of the Awards Sub-Committee whether a second induction is qualified.
Becoming an Immortal
Only players in the rugby league Hall of Fame are able to be honoured as Immortals.
Entering the Hall of Fame
Players, coaches, referees, and contributors are all eligible for rugby league's highest honours.