The Telstra Tug of War gives you the chance to show your true Origin III colours via SMS.
All you have to do to show support for your team is text either NSW or QLD to 0427 MYTEAM (0427 69 8326).
Simply by entering, five lucky winners will claim the following prize:
- Two return airfares from the winner's nearest capital city to Sydney, departing on 4 October 2009 and returning on 5 October 2009.
- Transfers to and from the airport and from the hotel to ANZ Stadium.
- One night twin-share accommodation for two at a hotel in the Sydney CBD.
- Two General Admission tickets to the 2009 NRL Grand Final.
The winners will be notified by Telstra via SMS one week after Origin II.
Terms and Conditions of Entry for the State of Origin Tug of War Promotion
- Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
- The Promoter is Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556 of Level 2, 400 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000 ("Promoter").
- The Promotion will be open from 7.30 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time ("AEST") on 24 June 2009 and will continue until 10.30 pm AEST on 15 July 2009 ("Promotion Period").
- Entry is open to all Australian residents aged 18 years and over, other than management, employees or contractors of the Promoter and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of prizes), and their immediate families ("Eligible Entrants").
- To enter and be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants must, between:
a) 7.30pm AEST and 10.30 pm AEST on 24 June 2009 ("Entry Period One"); or
b) 7.30pm AEST and 10.30 pm AEST on 15 July 2009 ("Entry Period Two"),
SMS the name of the team which they support (either the word 'QLD or the word 'NSW') to 0427 MYTEAM ( 0427 698 326 ) ("Eligible Entry").
- Eligible Entrants may enter the Promotion as many times as they like. The maximum cost for the SMS in paragraph 5 will be 55 cents.
- Separate prize draws will be conducted for each of Entry Period One and Entry Period Two. Relevant dates are as follows:
Prize Draw Entry Period Draw Date and Time Notification Date Publication Date 1 Entry Period One 1.00pm AEST on 29/6/09 29/6/09 2/7/09 2 Entry Period Two 1.00pm AEST on 20/7/09 20/7/09 23/7/09
- Computerised draws for the prizes will take place at the dates and times for each Prize Draw set out in paragraph 7, at Level 2, 400 George Street, Sydney NSW ("Draw Location"). The draws will be conducted by a representative of the Promoter.
- The first five valid Eligible Entries from Eligible Entrants drawn in each Prize Draw will each win from the Promoter an NRL Grand Final prize pack valued at $2,190 (including GST), consisting of the following:
a) 2 adult return economy airfares from the winner's nearest capital city to Sydney, departing on 4 October 2009 and returning on 5 October 2009, valued at up to $1,420 (GST inclusive) (unless the winner's nearest capital city is Sydney, in which case this component of the Prize is forfeited);
b) transfers to and from the airport and from the hotel to ANZ stadium for two, valued at up to $250 (GST inclusive);
c) 1 night twin-share accommodation for two at a three and a half star hotel or better in the Sydney CBD, valued at up to $250 (GST inclusive);
d) 2 General Admission tickets to the 2009 NRL Grand Final to be held on 4 October 2009 at ANZ Stadium, Edwin Flack Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park NSW, valued at $270 (GST inclusive),
- Each Prize winner will be notified by telephone and in writing on the date for the applicable Prize Draw set out in paragraph 7. The winners' details will be published in The Australian on the date for the applicable Prize Draw set out in paragraph 7.
- In the event that any Prize has not been claimed by 2 September 2009 a computerised re-draw for the Prize will take place at 1.00 pm AEST on 2 September 2009 ("Re-draw Date") at the Draw Location, subject to any written directions given by State and Territory gaming departments. The re-draw Prize winner will be notified by telephone and in writing on 2 September 2009. The re-draw winner's details will be published in The Australian on 8 September 2009. General
- The total Prize pool value is up to $21,900 (including GST).
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash. All other costs associated with a Prize, including costs associated with the travel and event components of the Prize not otherwise specified as included, are the responsibility of the winner and their guests. It is a condition of taking the Prize that the winner and their guest take out appropriate travel insurance prior to travel. Prizes will be valid for use on the dates set out in paragraph 9 only.
- Minors may use a Prize as the winner's guest, but they must be accompanied by a person over 18 years when doing so, and have consent from their parent or legal guardian (which the Promoter may request in writing).
- Prizes must be taken on the dates specified by the Promoter. If a winner chooses not to take the Prize or any component of it (or is unable to), they forfeit the Prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the Prize or any component.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any Prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way before it reaches the winner.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prizes.
- If the Promoter is unable to provide a winner with the nominated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value to the nominated Prize, subject to any written directions given by State or Territory gaming departments.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
- If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, subject to State and Territory regulations.
- Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
- Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions of entry. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the Promotion, the entrant understands and agrees that the Promoter may use and disclose the information provided by the entrant on the terms and for the purposes (including marketing) set out in the Promoter’s Privacy Statement available at www.telstra.com.au/privacy/privacy_statement.html or by calling 1800 039 059, as if they were a customer of the Promoter. The entrant agrees that the Promoter can continue to contact them even after this Promotion ends. If the entrant would like to access or correct the personal information that the Promoter holds about the entrant, or if the entrant does not wish the information to be disclosed, the entrant should advise the Promoter by phoning 1800 039 059.
- By entering into the Promotion, the entrant agrees and acknowledges that:
a) they may be contacted by the Promoter to provide comments about the competition and the Promoter (or an agent of the Promoter) may take photos of them;
b) the Promoter may use such comments or photos (the "Materials") for the Promoter's future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them;
c) the Promoter may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as the Promoter wishes at any time, anywhere, and by any means. The Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
d) they acknowledge that, by entering the Promotion, they grant to the Promoter on creation of the Materials a royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use the Materials for whatever purpose;
e) they unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given ("Moral Rights");
f) they waive all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise outside Australia; and
g) they agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of their Moral Rights in the Materials.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or indirect loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this Promotion.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning a Prize.
ACT: TP 09/02295
SA: T 09/1386