NRL Grand Final Refund Service
The NRL and Ticketek are again offering a ticket return service that will give more fans the opportunity to attend the 2009 Telstra Premiership Grand Final.
While the overwhelming majority of fans wish to attend the match regardless of who is playing, this service allows those who pre-purchased tickets months in advance to return them for sale to supporters of the competing clubs and others still hoping to obtain tickets.
The refund window will operate from 9am on Wednesday, September 23, through to 5pm on Thursday, September 24, inclusive.
The returned tickets will be added to the approximately 14,000 being held for release on Monday, September 28, when the NRL Grand Final teams have been confirmed. All tickets that have been released so far have been sold.
“There has been an incredible demand for tickets to this year’s Grand Final and we want to give as many fans as possible the chance to be part of it,” NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said today.
“Only a small number have used their service in the past but it does provide an opportunity for those fans now unable to go to the Grand Final to have their tickets fairly re-distributed to ensure others can attend the match.
“There are some ticket agency fees involved in refunding tickets but it saves people trying to sell them advertising costs and it stops the risk of scalping tickets and having them cancelled.”
The NRL Grand Final Ticket refund service was introduced in 2007.
Terms and Conditions of the NRL Grand Final Refund Policy:
- The refund policy is available exclusively via the agency network.
- The person returning the ticket loses the transaction fee and their original booking fee of $3.50 per ticket.
- The refund offer will only apply during this window. Fans whose teams are playing in Week 3 of the Finals will not be able to use this service after those matches have been completed.
- NSW customers who purchased their NRL Grand Final Tickets at a Ticketek Agency must return the ticket/s to the exact point of purchase within the agreed refund grace period.
- Customers who purchased via the Ticketek website or over the phone must return the ticket/s to one of the Ticketek Agencies listed below:
- Interstate customersmust return tickets to one of the below agencies within their state, regardless of where or how they purchased their tickets.
- Only the ticket purchaser can receive the refund. The ticket purchaser must be present for refund and they need to supply photo ID, credit card the tickets were purchased on and the tickets.
- Call Centre and internet customers who have not yet collected their tickets must take the credit card used to make the purchase plus photographic ID to one of the above outlets to claim refund.
Participating agencies for Web and Phone bookings:
Ticketek @ Park
50 Park Street, Sydney
MLC Centre, 108 King Street
Wollongong Entertainment Centre
Corner of Crown and Harbour Street, Wollongong
Canberra Head Office
GIO House, 11 Akuna Street, Canberra
Shop 95, Elizabeth Street, Brisbane
Gold Coast Arts Centre
135 Bundall Rd Bundall
225 Exhibition Street, Melbourne
Sky City Theatre
Level 3, Sky City
Sky City, Auckland