The Queensland Rugby League has today selected the following players to represent the XXXX Queensland Maroons in Game 1 of the Holden State of Origin series at ANZ Stadium on Wednesday, June 5.
Kingaroy junior and South Sydney Rabbitohs star Chris McQueen is the new face in the Maroons’ 17.
Maroons winger Darius Boyd has been cleared of serious injury but remains in doubt for the series opener. The Melbourne Storm’s Justin O’Neill is on standby.
XXXX Queensland Maroons Game 1 team
1. Billy Slater (Melbourne Storm)
2. Darius Boyd (Newcastle Knights)
3. Greg Inglis (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
4. Justin Hodges (Brisbane Broncos)
5. Brent Tate (North Queensland Cowboys)
6. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)
7. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
8. Matt Scott (North Queensland Cowboys)
9. Cameron Smith (c) (Melbourne Storm)
10. David Shillington (Canberra Raiders)
11. Nate Myles (Gold Coast Titans)
12. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)
13. Ashley Harrison (Gold Coast Titans)
14. Corey Parker (Brisbane Broncos)
15. Matt Gillett (Brisbane Broncos)
16. Ben Te’o (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
17. Chris McQueen (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
18. Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly Sea Eagles)
19. Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
Take a look at our Powerade Performance Plays to see how the Blues and Maroons match up? View the Match Ups now