You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
The competition's most active club has made it three signings in four days with the announcement of a new two-year deal for young front-rower Sam Hoare.
The 22-year-old was off contract at the end of this season but will now be a Cowboy until at least the end of the 2016 season after being rewarded with a contract extension just three weeks after making his NRL debut.
A graduate of the Cowboys' NYC under-20s program, Hoare has impressed the coaching staff with his performances off the interchange bench against St George Illawarra and Cronulla.
"Getting that opportunity (in the NRL) meant a lot to me and I guess it's a bit of a repayment for that as well," he said.
"(Coach Paul Green) is just happy that I'm doing my job. That's what he's always asked us to do as individuals, just to do our job in the team and I think I'm doing that well at the moment. As a front-rower, it's pretty simple. As long as your defence is tight and you're running hard then you're doing your job, so that's all I'm focusing on."
Hoare will make it three consecutive NRL appearances after being named on the bench against the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night.
His career record also features more than 50 Intrust Super Cup matches for Mackay, a premiership win for the Cutters last year and selection for the Queensland Residents squad for the past two years.
"Sam had to wait for his turn in the NRL but once he got there, he's made the most of it," Cowboys general manager football Peter Parr said.
"He loves this club, being a Cowboy, and definitely has his best years of senior footy ahead of him."
Hoare is the third former Rockhampton junior to sign a new contract with the Cowboys this week, joining Tim Glasby from the Melbourne Storm and Broncos hooker Jake Granville who also agreed to two-year deals.