Storm start search for new boss
Melbourne Storm CEO Mark Evans will return to the United Kingdom in late June after handing in his resignation on Friday.
His departure comes after a little over two years in the job, having taken over as CEO in April 2013, soon after Melbourne had been purchased by private consortium Hold MS Australia.
With the ownership transition now well and truly complete Evans sees it as the right time to return to his native UK.
"After two years in Australia the timing was right for me to return back to the UK," Evans said.
"I've thoroughly enjoyed my time at Storm and, while there's still much to do, all involved should be proud of the business turnaround work that has been undertaken.
"I leave with the confidence that the work being done at Storm is of the highest level and will see the club continue to prosper into the future.
"I wish all at the club the very best for the future and hope our members continue to enjoy what is one of the most enjoyable sports entertainment propositions in market for many years to come."
Evans was the key figure behind Melbourne moving this year's Round 20 home game against St George Illawarra to Napier, New Zealand.
At the time he admitted it was purely a decision to benefit the bottom line as the club seeks to return to the black.
The Storm have already begun the search for Evans' replacement but he leaves with the best wishes of chairman Bart Campbell.
"On behalf of the Board, I'd like to personally thank Mark for the immense contribution he has made during his time at Storm," Mr Campbell said.
"Mark has been pivotal to the transformation of the club's off-field performance – placing us in a strong position to achieve future growth in a challenging environment.
"Whilst we understand and fully support his reasons for wanting to return to the UK, his departure will be noticed and he will be missed by all at Storm."