What we're looking forward to at Touch World Cup
With the 2015 Touch World Cup fast approaching, touchworldcup.com has compiled a list of things to look forward forward to at the Federation of International Touch's showpiece tournament, which will be played from Wednesday, April 29 to Sunday, May 3 at C.ex Coffs International Stadium, Coffs Harbour.
• Six new member nations debuting - China, Hong Kong, Philippines, Chile, Malaysia and the United Arab Emirates will all make their Touch World Cup debut. Chile and the UAE will be the first countries from South America and the Middle East respectively to ever play at a Touch World Cup.
• Can anybody beat Australia and New Zealand? Both countries have dominated Touch World Cup history with no other nation ever having won a division. Will this be the World Cup where we crown a new champion?
• The beautiful city of Coffs Harbour will showcase Australia to the world. With some of the country's most stunning beaches within close proximity there is no shortage of options for nations to combine serious competition with a touch of relaxation. We encourage all nations to visit the iconic 'Big Banana', situated just outside the Coffs Harbour City Centre.
• 30 years on from the start of the Federation of International Touch (FIT) in Australia, it is fitting the pinnacle event returns to Australia, after having hosted the first World Cup in 1988.
• World Cup live – if you can't make it to the 2015 Touch World Cup there will be plenty of games to watch live. We'll be live streaming all games on field one at the event. Stay tuned to the Touch World Cup website for all the links!
• Social media – we've got a great Touch World Cup community building in the lead up to the event and have loved all the pre-event interaction so far, including the use of the #TWC2015 hashtag, which will be the most used Touch Football hashtag of all time.
Let us know what you are looking forward to most on our social media pages:
For more information on the 2015 Touch World Cup, visit touchworldcup.com