NSW Blues State of Origin I side named
Mitchell Pearce has been recalled to the NSW VB Blues side while David Klemmer will make his Holden State of Origin debut in next Wednesday's series opener at ANZ Stadium.
Roosters halfback Pearce has been named at five-eighth and will partner incumbent Trent Hodkinson in the halves, while Bulldogs prop David Klemmer will come off the bench.
Josh Dugan will replace Jarryd Hayne at fullback, while Josh Jackson will start at lock in place of injured captain Paul Gallen.
"It's exciting times for NSW. It's a great group of guys who fully deserve their spots," NSW coach Laurie Daley said.
"They have to uphold the values of what it means to play for NSW both on and off the field."
Daley said Pearce was an important member of the Blues family.
"He's a guy who I've got a lot of time for and I know he can add a lot of value to this team."
In the absence of the injured Paul Gallen, Robbie Farah will skipper the Blues in Game 1 of the series on May 27.
"It's always a great honour to captain your state," Farah said.
"We've got a good core senior group around us and I'm sure we'll prepare well for next Wednesday."
New South Wales VB Blues team for Holden State of Origin Game One
1. Josh Dugan (St George Illawarra Dragons)
2. Daniel Tupou (Sydney Roosters)
3. Josh Morris (Canterbury Bulldogs)
4. Michael Jennings (Sydney Roosters)
5. William Hopoate (Parramatta Eels)
6. Mitchell Pearce (Sydney Roosters)
7. Trent Hodkinson (Canterbury Bulldogs)
8. Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers)
9. Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers – captain)
10. James Tamou (North Queensland Cowboys)
11. Beau Scott (Newcastle Knights)
12. Ryan Hoffman (NZ Warriors)
13. Josh Jackson (Canterbury Bulldogs)
14. Trent Merrin (St George Illawarra Dragons)
15. Boyd Cordner (Sydney Roosters)
16. David Klemmer (Canterbury Bulldogs)
17. Andrew Fifita (Cronulla Sharks)