As we conclude our look back at the season, the Cowboys and Broncos delivered one of the most memorable grand finals of all time.
Grand Final Result:
It would take a matter of seconds for the outcome of the NRL Telstra Premiership premiers to be tipped completely on its head. With the Broncos up 16-12 with seconds left and Anthony Milford bound for man-of-the-match honours, it was a magical flick pass from Michael Morgan which would send Kyle Feldt over in the corner to lock up the scores after the siren. A Johnathan Thurston sideline conversion bounced off the upright and sent the game into golden point. A high kick-off from Feldt to start extra time was dropped by Ben Hunt as Thurston secured the Cowboys' maiden premiership with a field goal – claiming the Clive Churchill Medal for his troubles. In the other games the Panthers won the Holden Cup by smashing the Sea Eagles while the Ipswich Jets won the NRL State Championship by beating the Newcastle Knights.
Top five stories (week of):
1. 'Thurston wins 2015 Dally M Medal' by Adrian McMurray and Jack Brady
2. 'Broncos rally around forgotten man' by Tony Webeck
3. 'NRL Grand Final preview: Broncos v Cowboys' by Tony Webeck
4. 'What your team need in 2016: Part 1' by Dominic Brock
5. 'Voss: Who wins the NRL grand final' by Andrew Voss
Top five stories (post-grand final):
1. 'Thurston kicks Cowboys to premiership' by Chris Kennedy
2. 'Kiwis name squad for England tour' by NZRL Media
3. 'NRL Grand Final: Five Key Points' by Tony Webeck
4. 'What your team needs in 2016: Part 2' by Dominic Brock
5. 'Was the 2015 grand final the best ever?' by Andrew Voss
Top three videos: