Despite a nasty arm break in pre-season training, Raiders lock Shaun Fensom has missed barely any time.

Fensom ready to go against Knights

After lasting less than a minute in Canberra's last-start win over the Roosters, lock Shaun Fensom says he is ready to go leading into the Round 3 clash with Newcastle. 

The 27-year-old lock forward was his side's best player in the Round 1 win over Penrith, making 38 tackles and scoring the game-sealing try in the final minute. 

Despite missing the majority of Saturday afternoon's match, Fensom says he is on track to face the Knights this weekend. 

"The medical staff here, they look after you and make sure you're fit to go before they put you back out there. I've rested up at the start of the week and I'm feeling good," he said. 

"They said the vision ruled me out. I went in and did the concussion test and passed it, but they said with the vision I was unable to go back on the field.

"I'll do another test later in the week. I've already passed all my tests so far. We've already done one on Saturday during the game and then another one Monday and we'll do another one Thursday or Friday."

 

The tackling machine was disappointed to miss the thrilling one-point win in the nation's capital, but acknowledges the need to look after player welfare after leaving the field with concussion-related symptoms following a tackle on Dylan Napa. 

"Player safety is foremost, but I wanted to go back out there and help my teammates. I was pretty angry on the sidelines that I wasn't able to go back out, but that's the way it is. They've got to look after the players that way," Fensom said. 

"I was sitting on the sidelines. It was very emotional. It was good to see them win. I just wanted to be a part of it and that's what hurt most not being out there able to help them."

The Raiders will head into Saturday's game against the last-placed Knights as warm favourites, but Fensom says his side needs to fix a few things if they want to make it three wins on the trot. 

"We've had two wins, but we've still got a lot to improve on," he said. 

"Everyone's hungry. Everyone wants to succeed here. We can't get carried away and we've spoken about that as a group and we're not getting carried away. We've just got to keep improving. We didn't play very well on the weekend, but we came away with the two points which is very positive." 

The game against the Knights will be Edrick Lee's 50th in the NRL since making his debut in 2012. The 23-year old Raiders winger has been plagued by injury during his four-year stint in the NRL, and is glad to finally reach the milestone. 

Lee bagged a double in Canberra's big 44-22 win in Newcastle last year, but is wary of a side playing its first home game of the season. 

"It sure has taken a while but it's definitely good to get 50 games for the one club. I've just been putting my best foot forward and I'm looking to continue that," Lee said. 

"It's good to get the first two out of the way but every game in the NRL is a tough game. It's their first home game so they'll be looking to put in a good one for their fans."