League Nation Live: Indigenous Round
League Nation Live brings viewers their weekly dose of NRL action with all the news from on and off the field - hosted by Justin Hodges, Aaron Fa'Aoso, Hannah Hollis, Jodan Perry and Nathan Appo.
Tonight at 7.30pm on NITV (Ch 34 & Foxtel 144)
On this week's show:
• Australian Rugby League Commissioner and Founding Chairman of the Stronger Smarter Institute, Dr Chris Sarra is in the studio to talk about the significance of Indigenous Round and Mike Higgison talks about his life as a rugby league historian.
• Musician Ben Barker performs live on stage, combining his Aboriginal-Australian heritage, the past and the present to create a truly unique sound.
• Indigenous artist and graphic designer, Christine Slabb, shares the story of her success and her experiences of working with the Gold Coast Titans to design a special event jersey for the NRL Telstra Premiership Indigenous Round, when the Titans face the Roosters on May 16.
• Regulars Scott Prince and Peter Badel, are on the couch looking back at the results from last week and ahead to this weekend's NRL Telstra Premiership clashes.
• In The Cube: Break the Chain Challenge, Brisbane-based Browns Plains Bears, Christopher Cheshire and Kane Denney battle against each other head to secure a quick time and score on the leaderboard.
• This week's Tweet of the Week, asks 'Are the penalties for the Parramatta Eels NRL Salary Cap Breaches fair?'
Produced by Indigenous production company, Carbon Media, in front of a live Brisbane studio audience, the series brings 90 jam-packed minutes of entertainment and sports each Tuesday night. From community clubs to the State of Origin, all layers of the game will be covered by some of the country’s biggest league personalities, alongside entertainment guests and performances.
Viewers can keep up to date with all the news via League Nation Live website, and join in the conversation on Facebook and Twitter using #LeagueNationLive and #NITV.