Brisbane winger Jordan Kahu has rejected claims that the Broncos need to change the way they play if they are to get back to the form that saw them win seven of their first eight matches this season.
Former NRL coach Matt Elliott last week suggested that struggling teams like the Broncos need to forget the playbook and go back to basics by winning ugly.
Brisbane aren't a side that has much experience playing ugly football, with the likes of Anthony Milford, Ben Hunt and Darius Boyd dominating sides with their slick footwork and pinpoint passing.
It's a style of play that hasn't been working recently, with the Broncos down on confidence and struggling to have any fluent combinations – losing six of their last eight games.
But the returning Kahu says his side will keep at it, and the 25-year-old has South Sydney in his sights.
"We don't need to change what we've been doing. I think we just need to fine-tune a few little things that we haven't executed," Kahu said.
"We're a good footy side and we have the talent in the team to do well.
"We need to make sure we do those things well and turn up each week ready to play.
"That hasn't been happening so it starts now. We'll be ready to play come Saturday."
Kahu will run out for the Broncos on Saturday night for the first time since injuring his pectoral muscle in Brisbane's win over the Canberra Raiders in Round 14.
The Broncos have failed to win a game since losing Kahu, so coach Wayne Bennett would have been forgiven for rushing one of their most important players back into the side.
But Bennett has showed patience in Kahu's recovery, with the New Zealand international admitting he could have returned earlier but the risk of re-injury was too great.
Kahu said watching his side struggle in the past couple of weeks had been tough, but that he was now feeling 100 per cent and ready to help Brisbane put together a strong finals charge.
"It's been very hard watching on and the results have made it even worse," he said.
"I've trained pretty hard and done all I can to get back out there as soon as possible.
"I could have played against the Storm but it would have been a bit risky.
"I'm very happy to be back and playing with the boys this week. I don't care where I end up playing. I'm happy to play anywhere in the backs.
"My body is feeling really good because I've been doing a lot of fitness at training. I can't feel the injury at all anymore and the rest of my body is holding up well.
"There's eight weeks left in the season and I'm happy with where I'm at leading into this last part of the season."
The Broncos will be without captain Corey Parker on Saturday night after the 34-year-old took the early guilty plea on the Grade Two Dangerous Contact charge that came out of Wednesday night's Origin.
It's the first time Parker has ever been suspended in a career that has contained over 350 matches at NRL and representative level.