League Nation Live: Patty Mills
Tonight at 7.30pm on NITV (Ch 34 & Foxtel 144)
League Nation Live brings viewers their weekly dose of NRL action with all the news from on and off the field - hosted by Justin Hodges, Hannah Hollis, Jodan Perry and Nathan Appo. On this week’s show:
• NBA and Australian Boomers basketballer Patty Mills joins the show, after just getting off the plane from the Rio Olympics. The San Antonio Spurs superstar is only the second Indigenous Australian to play in the NBA and the first to win an NBA Championship. Patty is a role model to young Indigenous people and helps educate his American teammates about Australia’s Indigenous history.
• Two NRL greats join the team on the couch tonight – former Broncos try-scoring machine Scotty Prince, and Queensland Former Origin Great Dale Shearer. Scott has spent the last week in Hawaii playing in the 2016 Western Union Ohana Cup, where he captained the Hawaii Chiefs’ rugby league team.
• The Gold Coast Titans' Nathan Peats is also on tonight’s show, fresh from playing his 100th NRL game against the Newcastle Knights, where the Titans won 26 to 6.
• Plus, Justin Hodges and Scott Prince will be strapped to a heart monitor by the Brisbane Broncos’ performance science consultant Vince Kelly. Vince will explain how the monitor works and how the club uses it to track players’ wellbeing.
• And the President of the Flagstone Phoenix Brothers will join the show’s hosts to chat about the club, established three years ago with just six players. Since 2013 the club’s numbers have doubled each year and expect to do so again next year.
Produced by Indigenous production company, Carbon Media, in front of a live Brisbane studio audience, the series brings 90 jam-packed minutes of entertainment and sports each Tuesday night. From community clubs to the State of Origin, all layers of the game will be covered by some of the country’s biggest league personalities, alongside entertainment guests and performances.