League Nation Live wraps a grand year
The wait is finally over. It's grand final week, and the League Nation Live team – Justin Hodges, Hannah Hollis, Jodan Perry and Nathan Appo – are getting together, along with a whole cast of special guests to predict the outcome of the upcoming mighty game live from Australia's biggest theme park, Dreamworld, on the sunny Gold Coast. On tonight's very special final episode:
• The LNL crew are at Dreamworld Corroboree Australia's first unique interactive walk-through, experience celebrating Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander culture, wildlife and stories – no better location to wrap up the past 30 weeks of all things rugby league!
• There to talk all things grand final and to make this year's huge predictions is the former Captain of the Wests Tigers, Scott Prince; 2011 NAIDOC Sports Star of the Year Preston Campbell and Nova breakfast rugby league die-hard Ash Bradnam, who recap all the mess and glory that happened at Sunday's preliminary finals.
• Plus, former Newcastle Knights player Owen Craigie talks Koori Knockouts, while Titans halfback Ashley Taylor pops in to talk about his incredible debut season and his prospects of taking out the Dally M Rookie of the Year award on Wednesday night.
• In a very special performance, the Yugambeh Choir will sing the national anthem in their traditional Yugambeh language, while Gold Coast-based group the Yugambeh Aboriginal Dancers will perform traditional Indigenous dances – giving audiences a taste of the Yugambeh language, dance and stories.
• Also on the bill are Indigenous hip-hop group Last Kinection, featuring Joel Wenitong (Weno), Naomi Wenitong (Nay) and Jacob Turier (Jaytee), who'll crank out some tunes, including their hit 'I Can'.
Produced by Indigenous production company, Carbon Media, in front of a live Brisbane studio audience, the series brings 90 jam-packed minutes of entertainment and sports each Tuesday night. From community clubs to the State of Origin, all layers of the game will be covered by some of the country's biggest league personalities, alongside entertainment guests and performances.
Viewers can keep up to date with all the news via League Nation Live website and join in the conversation on Facebook and Twitter using #LeagueNationLive and #NITV.