2017 City Origin side named
Three NSW VB Blues incumbents highlight a KARI City Origin boasting a wealth of NRL talent and experience, named by coach Brad Fittler today.
While Paul Gallen will make a much-anticipated return to representative rugby league as captain, he will join senior Panthers players Matt Moylan and James Tamou, both of whom played State of Origin in 2016. Exciting Origin hopefuls Tyrone Peachey, Bryce Cartwright and Nathan Cleary will make up the remainder of five Panthers included in the squad.
Renowned speedster Josh Addo-Carr and good Dragons signing Cameron McInnes are two players who will make their senior representative debuts, along with Newcastle fan favourite Nathan Ross. While the team is subject to change, it makes for a strong side heading into the final Country v City clash at Mudgee’s Glen Willow Sports Complex on Sunday, 7 May.
The 2017 KARI City Origin squad is as follows:
1. Matt Moylan – Penrith Panthers
2. Clint Gutherson – Parramatta Eels
3. Nathan Ross - Newcastle Knights
4. Tyrone Peachey - Penrith Panthers
5. Josh Addo-Carr - Melbourne Storm
6. Bryce Cartwright - Penrith Panthers
7. Chad Townsend - Cronulla Sharks
8. James Tamou - Penrith Panthers
9. Cameron McInnes - St George Illawarra Dragons
10. Paul Gallen (c) - Cronulla Sharks
11. Curtis Sironen - Manly Sea Eagles
12. David Gower - Parramatta Eels
13. Hame Sele - St George Illawarra Dragons
14. Joseph Paulo - Cronulla Sharks
15. Nathan Cleary - Penrith Panthers
16. Pauli Pauli - Newcastle Knights
17. Jake Marketo - St George Illawarra Dragons