The Harvey Norman Jillaroos welcome a number of fresh players into the team to face England tomorrow afternoon in their second Women’s Rugby League World Cup pool match.
Experienced campaigners Renae Kunst (who will captain the side), Heather Ballinger and Ruan Sims will get their first taste of on-field action this tournament, along with winger Chelsea Baker, centre Corban McGregor and forward Elianna Walton.
Jillaroos coach Brad Donald said the team had performed well against the Cook Islands and commended the entire squad on their commitment to push each other for playing spots.
“I couldn’t be happier with the attitude that this squad has,” Donald said.
“Every one of the 24 is pushing for selection at every training session and providing selectors with plenty of headaches, which is a good thing.
“England showed their toughness against Papua New Guinea in their first pool match and we’ll need to be switched on right from the kick off and make sure we remain that way throughout the entire match.”
The Australians take on England at Southern Cross Group Stadium in Cronulla, with kick off at 1:45pm AEST tomorrow (Sunday).
Tickets to the Women’s Rugby League World Cup tournament are available from rlwc2017.com with prices starting from $10 for triple header pool matches.
Those 15 years or under and concession holders can gain entry for free to women’s pool matches.
All women’s World Cup matches will be shown live across the screens of Channel Seven. Check your local guides for further details.
Further information on the Women’s Rugby League World Cup, including the full draw, can be found at rlwc2017.com
The Australian team to take on England is:
1. Nakia Davis-Walsh – Jillaroo # 144
2. Meg Ward – Jillaroo # 147
3. Corban McGregor – Jillaroo # 139
4. Isabelle Kelly – Jillaroo # 141
5. Chelsea Baker – Jillaroo # 136
6. Ali Brigginshaw – Jillaroo # 102
7. Caitlin Moran – Jillaroo # 140
8. Ruan Sims – Jillaroo # 121
9. Brittany Breayley – Jillaroo # 128
10. Heather Ballinger – Jillaroo # 113
11. Talesha Quinn - Jillaroo # 146
12. Kezie Apps – Jillaroo # 126
13. Renae Kunst – Jillaroo # 93
14. Lavina O'Mealey – Jillaroo # 145
15. Steph Hancock – Jillaroo # 74
16. Eliana Walton – Jillaroo # 111
17. Annette Brander – Jillaroo # 127
18. Vanessa Foliaki – Jillaroo # 129
19. Rebecca Young – Jillaroo # 117
Coach: Brad Donald