Raiders fullback Jack Wighton has pleaded not guilty to assault charges in Canberra court over an alleged altercation outside a nightclub in February.
The 25-year-old fronted ACT Magistrates Court on Wednesday morning to answer nine charges including common assault, inflicting actual bodily harm and public urination.
The fullback has been granted an adjournment in his case until July 10, and is expected to take his place in the Raiders line-up for Saturday's clash with Parramatta.
The NRL and Canberra have indicated Wighton would not be stood down until the matter is resolved by the courts, with the Raiders confirming via a press release on Wednesday.
"The club will allow Wighton to continue to train and play with the club during this period," the statement said.
"The Raiders continue to work with the NRL Integrity unit and have informed them of the latest developments."
Coach Ricky Stuart has declared he would assess Wighton's mental state before confirming his availability for this weekend's fixture.
The Canberra fullback was a late withdrawal from his side's last-start win over Canterbury following the birth of his second child, but joined his teammates for their main field session on Wednesday and trained earlier this week as well.
Raiders winger Jordan Rapana backed Wighton to respond strongly when he returns to the paddock and declared the incident had not had any effect on the rest of Canberra's squad.
"He's a strong lad and from what I've seen of him around training he's awesome," Rapana said.
"I have no doubt if he does play with us he'll absolutely kill it.
"We're just getting on with it, no matter what happens we've got a job to do here and we've got a great squad with wonderful players and we can get the job done."