Sam Burgess remorseful over latest ban
South Sydney prop Tom Burgess says his brother is feeling remorseful for letting the team down after his second judiciary charge in four weeks.
Sam Burgess pleaded guilty to a grade two careless high tackle on Aidan Sezer in the Rabbitohs' 42-22 win over Canberra at Gosford last Saturday.
It is Burgess's seventh charge in the past three seasons of the Telstra Premiership.
"It's disappointing," Tom said. "He's more sorry, really. He feels like he's letting the team down a little bit missing these games.
"I don't think he's intentionally going out there to put high shots on, it can happen in contact sports.
"He will be all right. Take the positives out of it, he'll be back. It's a long season."
The South Sydney enforcer copped a two-match suspension for his late hit, sidelining him for a couple of crucial upcoming clashes with the Broncos and Knights.
Skipper Greg Inglis said Burgess may feel the need to adjust his tackling technique, but does not want the English forward to alter his hard-line approach.
"Sam has told us he'll come back and work on his game but I don't want him to change – that's why we love him," Inglis said.
"He makes so many tackles, his efforts off the ball and he's made over 200 metres on the weekend (against the Raiders). So we don't want him to change that much.
"It's just unfortunate, but he'll have a good two-week spell and come back ready to go.
"It's up to him about any changes (to tackling style) because he doesn't want to miss any more games."
Souths fullback Alex Johnston felt Burgess had been "a bit unlucky with some of the situations he's been in".
"I think if he pulled anything in he wouldn't be the player that he is," Johnston said.
"He'll do his time on the sidelines and when he comes back he'll be ripping and raring to go."