'I haven't had an offer or approach from Broncos': Seibold
Anthony Seibold hasn't given any thought to moving to Brisbane and is yet to even hear from the Broncos despite being linked to the expected coaching vacancy in 2020.
South Sydney have offered Seibold a contract extension, just reward after the Bunnies' resurgence - if they win this weekend it will mean they have won more games this season than their previous three years following their breakthrough 2014 premiership triumph.
Seibold, who still has 15 months remaining on his contract, is feeling no pressure to make a decision until the end of the season.
"I haven't thought about it because I haven't had an offer or an approach from the Broncos to consider that," Seibold said.
"I'm not going to make any decision [about South Sydney's offer] and I'm not going to make any future comment about it until the end of the season.
"I'm not concerned about Brisbane whatsoever at the moment, I'm focused on the Rabbitohs job here.
"The Rabbitohs offered me an extension to my contract - at the time commercially I didn't think that I needed to sign it there and then."
Seibold said he had a "great working relationship" with Souths general manager Shane Richardson and didn't want to go through negotiations during the season.
His comments came the morning after Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett said talk over any possible extension of his deal would be put on hold until the board meets in October after the season.
"I've been talking with the chairman who's decided that we're not going to make any decision about coaching at the Broncos until the end of the football season and I agree with that," Bennett said.
"From our point of view, that's where it sits so if you want to ask questions about it you're just going to get 'no comment' because we don't have any comment about it until the board meets in October and it's addressed then."
On a positive note, Seibold has confirmed skipper Greg Inglis will look to return to the side in round 23 when they face Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium, after he suffered a broken thumb in their win over the Cowboys in round 16.
"We expect him back for the Broncos game," Seibold said.
"He's been going really good - he's been doing all his running at the side of the field and his in the gym at the moment training.
"It's been a good rest for him - he's physically in great nick and he's looking strong and he's excited about getting back into the team."
The focus for Seibold this week has been around getting all his players back on the same page after a disappointing 22-6 loss to the Wests Tigers last Saturday night.
As preparations are well underway for their clash against Parramatta at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night, Seibold is adamant they will be just as competitive as they were four rounds ago when came out guns blazing in the first half.
"This weekend it's about improving some of the effort areas of our game," Seibold said.
"I think so individuals are a bit off in that part of our game and we were well outplayed by the Tigers.
"We've prepared for Parramatta to be at their best although the focus is on us improving and our guys doing their jobs.
"If you have a look at their team this week it's quite similar to the top four team they had last year. And they really troubled us at the start of the game there about four or five weeks ago."