Brisbane mentor Anthony Seibold.

Anthony Seibold has wasted no time getting to work as Brisbane Broncos coach, addressing the players at training on Monday, the morning after he was appointed Wayne Bennett's successor.

Seibold, who was released by South Sydney Rabbitohs on Sunday, will oversee his first Broncos training session on Monday afternoon.

"I'm happy to be here and I'm really looking forward to the positive opportunity going forward," he said.

Seibold said he was happy to have "the circus" that's followed them over the past couple of months to be over.

"I can't wait to start this afternoon with the guys. I thought potentially on Friday I'd be here today but then I was told that wouldn't be the case," he said.

"This is quite unexpected. I was at the movies watching The Grinch with the kids yesterday afternoon then got the call. 

"There's a sense of relief as far as the circus that has followed myself and Wayne over the past couple of weeks has been put to bed now.

I'll do things my way and I'll communicate that with the playing group.

Anthony Seibold

"Anytime there's change and tough decisions have to be made there are emotions that go with that.

"This is a great opportunity for Darius [Boyd] and the playing group as well to work hard for season 2019. I see it as a real positive challenge.

"It's a great opportunity for me to come back to Queensland.

"There are always challenges with whatever team you coach and whatever level you coach at.

"I'll do things my way and I'll communicate that with the playing group. I'm a big believer in providing a framework for the playing group but it's up to the players to paint within that framework.

"Talent will only take you so far so I'm a big believer in the effort areas of our game. I'm sure the senior players like Darius and Matt Gillett and those guys will make the players accountable as well."

Boyd also spoke at Seibold's first media conference as Broncos coach, saying the players were happy to have the situation finally resolved. Seibold confirmed he would retain the captaincy.

"It's a very young side and that comes with inexperience. I think as a group it's good to have certainty and now we've got that certainty we can move on for 2019," Boyd said.

"I'm looking forward to the new season with Seibs.

"At the end of the day we can't worry about Wayne."

Seibold said he would try to avoid comparisons with Bennett in his new role.

"There's no comparison. Wayne's legacy as coach is probably second to none. It's not about me comparing with Wayne or anything like that," he said.

"I've been coaching for 13 years – it's not something I've only done for the last year or two, it's something I'm passionate about have done not only here but in the UK as well."

When asked about his weekend outburst, published by NewsCorp, in which he said he was fed up with the coaching saga, Seibold replied: "As far as I'm concerned I've drawn a line in the sand. I just want positivity going forward. I want positivity for the players and the club at South Sydney as well.

"I've had my say, I'm not going to go any further. It's a new beginning today."

Seibold said high-performance chief Paul Devlin, asssistant coaches Peter Gentle and Ben Cross have followed him from the Rabbitohs to the Broncos.

"I'll have a good look at where we're at from a squad point of view. This has all happened very quickly – 12 hours ago I was in Sydney," he said.

When asked about criticism from former Broncos player about him getting the job, he replied: "I want the old boys to be proud of the club and proud of the performances but my priority is the staff and the players."