Blake Ferguson is out of Sunday's away meeting with Manly after undergoing minor knee surgery.
Parramatta coach Brad Arthur confirmed on Saturday that ''it was just a clean-out" for Ferguson and that the NSW Origin star would return for the round 19 home game against the Warriors.
Ferguson's absence opens the door for rookie winger Ethan Parry to make his NRL debut.
"[Ferguson] has an infection in his knee and we're in a position where we can afford to give him a bit of a rest," Arthur said.
"His knee is pretty swollen but our medical guys cleaned it out and he'll be right to go next week."
Roosters hooker Jake Friend left the field early in Saturday's clash with Newcastle with a forearm injury, a week after returning from a biceps problem.
"He's got a small fracture around the screw that re-attached the biceps," coach Trent Robinson said.
"I'm not sure how long he'll be out.
"He's disappointed. We're all disappointed because finally we got back our crew of decision-makers – we got our captains back on the field for the first time in a long time."
The Warriors and Sharks both came out of Friday's clash with injury concerns to key strike weapons.
Warriors halfback Kodi Nikorima was in a moon boot after the game after suffering an ankle injury, while winger David Fusitu'a is set to miss two games with a hamstring issue.
On the plus side the Auckland-based club hope to get Karl Lawton, Ken Maumalo and Patrick Herbert back for their round 19 road clash with Parramatta, while Tohu Harris is scheduled to return in round 21.
Sharks winger Sosaia Feki has a back injury which he suffered in the first half of the 19-18 loss to the Warriors.
"Feki should have come off at half-time," Sharks coach John Morris said post-game.
"Hopefully we get back Josh Morris and Josh Dugan next week. I think Wade Graham's still going to be a week away."
Bulldogs centre Marcelo Montoya suffered a medial ligament knee injury in Thursday night's clash with Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium.
Early estimates are the injury could sideline Montoya for three to four weeks.
The Late Mail
Titans v Storm, Sunday 2pm at Cbus Super Stadium
Titans: A host of changes to the side beaten by the Panthers as the post-Brennan era begins. On the plus side, veteran fullback Michael Gordon has been named on the bench for his first game since round nine. Anthony Don has been replaced on the wing by Dale Copley and Brenko Lee comes into the centres. Jarrod Wallace moves from lock to prop and Jai Whitbread is the new lock. Moeaki Fotuaika goes back to the bench. Leilani Latu and Sam Stone are the new faces on the bench. Shannon Boyd (arm) is out while Mitch Rein and Will Matthews were cut from the reserves on Saturday.
Storm: Craig Bellamy has decided the time is right to rest his Origin stars, barring lock Dale Finucane. His other Origin rep, Christian Welch, is suspended. Marion Seve starts at centre for Will Chambers, Sandor Earl comes in for Josh Addo-Carr, Joe Stimson takes Cameron Munster's place, while Tui Kamikamica starts for Felise Kaufusi. Tino Faasuamaleaui and Tom Eisenhuth have been elevated to the bench. Bellamy trimmed Max King and Isaac Lumelume from his squad on Saturday.
Sea Eagles v Eels, Sunday 4.05pm at Lottoland
Sea Eagles: Just one change for Manly but it's a big one, with Tom Trbojevic slotting back in at fullback. Brendan Elliot moves back to the reserves, while Lachlan Croker retains his spot on the bench. Haumole Olakau'atu and Lloyd Perrett were trimmed from the reserves on Saturday.
Eels: Blake Ferguson is out after undergoing minor knee surgery and been replaced on the wing by rookie Ethan parry. Aside from that, Brad Arthur saw no need to tinker with a winning formula as the Eels head to Brookvale for a mouth-watering clash with old rivals Manly. Oregon Kaufusi was omitted from the squad on Saturday.
The Casualty Ward
Matt Gillett was left out of the side's 21-man squad for their clash with the Bulldogs as a precaution for a groin injury.
- Matt Gillett (groin, round 19)
- Tom Dearden (ankle, round 20)
- Gehamat Shibasaki (finger, round 21)
- Sean O'Sullivan (hamstring, round 21)
- Richie Kennar (shoulder, indefinite)
- Jack Bird (knee, season)
- Hudson Young (suspension, round 19)
- Nick Cotric (suspension, round 21)
- Ata Hingano (thumb, round 20-22)
- Ryan Sutton (calf, round 19)
- Luke Bateman (knee, indefinite)
- Brad Abbey (knee, season)
- Joey Leilua (neck, season)
Bulldogs forward Sauaso Sue will be sidelined until the start of the 2020 season after scans over the weekend confirmed he had torn his ACL on Friday in Newcastle.
Aiden Tolman will miss at least a week after suffering a rib injury in the side's win over the Knights in Newcastle. Kieran Foran and Lachlan Lewis have had their returns delayed by another week.
- Aiden Tolman (ribs, round 19)
- Kieran Foran (hamstring, round 19)
- Lachlan Lewis (ankle, round 19)
- Sauaso Sue (knee, season)
- Marcelo Montoya (knee, TBC)
Cronulla have left out Josh Morris (broken nose) and Josh Dugan (hamstring) for the clash against the Warriors in Wellington.
NRL.com understands the injuries are not considered long-term but with a short turnaround neither will be risked this week.
- Josh Morris (concussion/nose, round 19)
- Josh Dugan (hamstring, round 20)
- Wade Graham (hamstring, round 20-21)
The Titans have lost prop Shannon Boyd to a shoulder concern for this week's clash against Melbourne but welcome back Michael Gordon from a leg injury.
- Jack Stockwell (head knock, round 18)
- Dale Copley (head knock, round 18)
- Michael Gordon (leg, round 18)
- Ryley Jacks (rib cartilage, round 18-19)
- Jai Arrow (ankle, round 20-22)
- Tyrone Peachey (pectoral, round 22)
- Ash Taylor (personal leave, indefinite)
- Ryan James (knee, season)
- Shannon Boyd (shoulder, TBC)
- Cade Cust (head knock, round 18)
- Apisai Koroisau (ankle, round 21)
- Jack Gosiewski (groin, indefinite)
- Toafofoa Sipley (knee, season)
- Albert Hopoate (knee, season)
The Storm are resting Origin players Cameron Munster, Felise Kaufusi, Josh Addo-Carr and Will Chambers.
- Cameron Munster (rested, round 19)
- Josh Addo-Carr (rested, round 19)
- Felise Kaufusi (rested, round 19)
- Will Chambers (rested, round 19)
- Christian Welch (suspended, round 19)
- Curtis Scott (foot, round 20)
- Albert Vete (shoulder, season)
Knights winger Edrick Lee is hoping to make an early return from a broken arm.
Lee's initial diagnosis was around the 9-12 week mark but he's aiming towards a return before the finals.
- Lachlan Fitzgibbon (elbow, round 22)
- Edrick Lee (arm, finals)
- Slade Griffin (knee, round 22)
- Nathan Ross (pelvis, retirement)
Jordan Kahu has had surgery on the fractured eye socket he suffered against the Roosters in round 17.
- Michael Morgan (concussion, round 19-20)
- Gideon Gela-Mosby (collarbone, round 18-19)
- Jordan Kahu (eye socket, round 23)
- Ben Hampton (biceps, round 22-25)
- Justin O'Neill (spleen, indefinite)
- Te Maire Martin (brain bleed, season)
- Mitch Dunn (shoulder, season)
- Kurt Baptiste (knee, season)
- Waqa Blake (knee, round 20)
- Peni Terepo (suspension, round 20)
- Michael Jennings (knee, round 21)
- George Jennings (calf, round 22)
- Ray Stone (ankle, round 24)
- Kaysa Pritchard (retired)
Rookie forward Liam Martin will miss at least the next fortnight with scans revealing a grade two quad tear earlier in the week.
- Malakai Watene-Zelezniak (calf, round 18)
- Liam Martin (quad, round 19)
- Caleb Aekins (shoulder, indefinite)
- Jack Hetherington (sternum, indefinite)
- Tim Grant (pectoral, season)
- Tyrone May (stood down)
Alex Johnston and Sam Burgess have had their returns delayed with the Rabbitohs in no hurry to return their stars back if they're not 100% fit.
Tom Burgess is pushing for a return earlier than expected from an ankle complaint.
- Kyle Turner (thumb, round 19)
- Sam Burgess (shoulder, round 19-20)
- Tom Burgess (ankle, round 19-20)
- Alex Johnston (knee, round 20)
- Liam Knight (suspended, round 20)
- Cory Denniss (shoulder, round 20)
- George Burgess (suspension, finals)
- Greg Inglis (shoulder, retired)
- Ben Hunt (rested, round 19)
- Zac Lomax (broken thumb, round 19)
- Gareth Widdop (shoulder, round 20)
- Jeremy Latimore (knee, TBC)
- Jordan Pereira (neck/head, indefinite)
- Jack de Belin (stood down)
Jake Friend injured his forearm in Saturday's clash with Newcastle.
- Zane Tetevano (suspension, round 19)
- Jake Friend (arm, TBC)
Patrick Herbert (hamstring) and Karl Lawton (shoulder) are tracking along well from their respective injuries with the club hopeful of a return for both in round 19.
- Ken Maumalo (head knock, round 18)
- Patrick Herbert (hamstring, round 19)
- Karl Lawton (shoulder, round 19)
- Tohu Harris (knee, round 21)
- Nathaniel Roache (knee, season)
- Mahe Fonua (foot, indefinite)
- Ben Matulino (knee, indefinite)