You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Penrith issue apology over player video

The Penrith Panthers have issued an apology to the club's members, fans and sponsors after two videos of one of their players was released on social media on Friday.

The Panthers had earlier issued a statement on Friday saying the club was co-operating with the NRL Integrity Unit after Channel 9 reported that a Panthers player was allegedly filmed engaging in an unsavoury act with a woman.

Panthers CEO Brian Fletcher told Channel 9 on Saturday that five-eighth Tyrone May, who was withdrawn from the side which faced Parramatta, was the player involved in the leaked lewd video.

"Penrith Panthers was made aware late Friday afternoon of two videos involving a Panthers player being circulated on social media," the club said in a statement on Saturday.

"The club promptly informed the NRL Integrity Unit and has been assisting with their enquiries over the last 24 hours.

"Panthers wishes to unreservedly apologise to the club's members, fans and sponsors for the hurt and embarrassment caused by the videos and subsequent media coverage.

"Panthers players and staff are acutely aware of the responsibility they have to the club and to the game to maintain impeccable standards of behaviour.

"The club does not hesitate to act by way of disciplinary action when these standards are not met.

"Panthers is working closely with the NRL Integrity Unit to expedite the investigation and achieve a final outcome as soon as possible."