New Rabbitoh Latrell Mitchell may get the chance to prove himself at fullback in the All Stars clash, with the superstar leading fan voting for the position.
Fans can still vote on who they'd like to see line up for each team before Indigenous coach Laurie Daley and Maori mentor David Kidwell determine the final squads for the February 22 match at Cbus Super Stadium.
The data so far has Mitchell, a proud Biripi man, polling best at both fullback and centre for the Indigenous side.
The 22-year-old, who signed with the Rabbitohs on Monday, has said he wants to wear the No.1 jersey going forward and it seems that fans are keen to see him in that role.
Mitchell is ahead of Alex Johnston and Jack Wighton in the fullback voting and Kotoni Staggs and James Roberts at centre.
Hear us. See us
Incumbent Indigenous captain Cody Walker has also proved a popular pick, ranking first at five-eighth and halfback, while the electric Josh Addo-Carr is unsurprisingly the leading option among wingers.
Elsewhere for the Indigenous team, Andrew Fifita is top of the props, Nathan Peats is first at hooker, David Fifita heads the second-rowers and Wade Graham has the most votes among locks.
Meanwhile, New Zealand legend Benji Marshall is dominating the Maori voting, being selected the most at five-eighth and halfback.
After playing in the halves in last year's match, Kalyn Ponga looks set to switch to his natural slot of fullback judging by the fan response.
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak leads the way for the wingers, while Esan Marsters is in front at centre.
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves is the most popular Maori front-rower and Brandon Smith is on track to win the fan vote at hooker.
Second-rower Kenny Bromwich and lock Joseph Tapine round out the highest-polling Maori players at this stage.
With the voting process ongoing, there's still time for fans to send a selection message to the coaches.
Highest polling players
- Fullback: Latrell Mitchell, Alex Johnston, Jack Wighton
- Wing: Josh Addo-Carr, Blake Ferguson, Edrick Lee
- Centre: Latrell Mitchell, Kotoni Staggs, James Roberts
- Five-eighth: Cody Walker, Jack Wighton, Connor Watson
- Halfback: Cody Walker, Tyrone Roberts, Ash Taylor
- Prop: Andrew Fifita, Ryan James, Leilani Latu
- Hooker: Nathan Peats, Connor Watson, Will Smith
- Second Row: David Fifita, Wade Graham, Joel Thompson
- Lock: Wade Graham, Adam Elliott, David Fifita
- Fullback: Kalyn Ponga, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Jahrome Hughes
- Wing: Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Reimis Smith, Dane Gagai
- Centre: Esan Marsters, Dylan Walker, Dane Gagai
- Five-eighth: Benji Marshall, Jarome Luai, Kalyn Ponga
- Halfback: Benji Marshall, Kodi Nikorima, Jahrome Hughes
- Prop: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Jesse Bromwich
- Hooker: Brandon Smith, Issac Luke, Jeremy Marshall-King
- Second Row: Kenny Bromwich, Corey Harawira-Naera, Joseph Tapine
- Lock: Joseph Tapine, Adam Blair, Tohu Harris
Vote here for the 2020 Indigenous All Stars team and Maori All Stars team
Get your tickets to see the best of the NRL’s Indigenous and Mãori players going head to head at Cbus Super Stadium on February 22