Penrith five-eighth Tyrone May will be suspended until round five, Wests Tigers veteran Josh Reynolds will not be stood down while the NRL has reserved its decision on the playing futures of Canberra centre Curtis Scott and Eels winger Maika Sivo.
The NRL on Friday announced an update on the four players, who have each faced charges over the past 12 months.
May will be allowed to return to play in round five “providing he agrees to participate and complete a Secondary Prevention Program” and the Panthers have also fined him 25% of his 2019 salary.
NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg said he had factored in the lengthy amount of time May had been stood down. He pleaded guilty to four charges of intentionally recording an intimate image without consent.
"Tyrone May has effectively served a 12-month suspension from the game, which reflects the seriousness with which the game treats these offences," Greenberg said.
"Providing he participates and completes what we have asked of him, he will be allowed back in the NRL during the first quarter of the season. May’s case should send a clear message to all of our players about the severity of such conduct."
The NRL is awaiting extra material surrounding Scott’s case after he was charged with multiple offences on January 27 after an incident with police in Moore Park.
A decision on whether he will be stood down will be made early next week after the NRL views the extra material and Greenberg noted that Scott was facing extremely serious allegations.
Reynolds will not be stood down but the NRL Integrity Unit will continue to monitor his court proceedings closely which Greenberg described as "a very complex matter".
"Josh Reynolds has been upfront and open about his situation.
"He proactively advised the Integrity Unit prior to the commencement of the police investigation and I would encourage other players to be as forthcoming.
"That said the allegation he faces is serious and we will continue to work with and receive updates about his situation from NSW Police."
Sivo’s next court appearance is on February 17 where he faces a charge of indecent assault after an incident in Fiji last month.