Broncos coach Anthony Seibold will take a significant pay cut along with CEO Paul White and senior Brisbane staff as the COVID-19 pandemic hits the Queensland powerhouse.
While the Broncos are one of the code's most successful and well-resourced outfits, the impact of an NRL hiatus has prompted Seibold and his coaching staff to volunteer for the same sacrifices as their executive, according to White.
The club is also looking at restructuring annual leave for staff and players pending return-to-play scenarios as several NRL rivals including Canterbury, Cronulla and Penrith have already done.
"Our senior coach, our head coach, senior staff have all taken the same level of pain in term of pay cuts as we have, and they put their hand up for that," White told reporters on Wednesday.
"The players and coaches normally get four weeks [off] at the end of season. In all likelihood if we get a comp going at the end of September, they'll play right up until just about Christmas.
"We haven't arrived at a position but we'll probably look to explore the option of that four weeks being brought forward and we're probably in a position where we can do that, but we haven't made a firm position."
Bailey's Bunker: Mansour discusses shutdown effect
White will be a key player in negotiations with the RLPA around player wages on Wednesday, sitting on a sub-committee that also includes Bulldogs counterpart Andrew Hill, South Sydney's Blake Solly and the Roosters' Joe Kelly as club representatives.
Since arriving at the Broncos in 2010 White has overseen an off-field boom that had Brisbane reportedly amass over $50 million last year.
Last October he announced the 2020 season would be his last after a 10-year stint as CEO.
But asked whether the ongoing impact of the coronavirus could result in him extending his tenure at the club, White said he would consider doing so to ensure Brisbane fully recovered from whatever toll the pandemic takes.
"I made the decision to make this year my last in the best interests of the club," he said.
"If I believe that me remaining for a period of time is what this club needs and the board gives an indication that they may like to see that happen I will make that decision at the time.
"But I am not going to tap out until I am satisfied that the club is back on its feet.
"I'm not giving a definitive answer but I am not saying no either."