They were the makeshift squad put together in less than a fortnight but Warriors veteran Hilda Peters says several Australian-based players have done enough to remain at the club next season.
With only five of last year's incumbent players taking part in the Warriors' campaign this season, a bulk of imports are set to return to NSW and Queensland on Sunday after the five-week experience of being part of the third competition.
While the squad and coaching staff is keen to finish on a positive note, the motivation is particularly high for several on-the-cusp players to ensure their position in the elite competition isn't a one-off experience.
Warriors hooker Michaela Peck is one of those players eager to remain a Warrior.
Stuck behind a dominant Broncos squad living in Queensland, Peck grabbed the opportunity with both hands in September and made her NRLW debut last Saturday.
If it wasn't for the Warriors' situation, she could've quite easily been waiting much longer to be picked up by a club.
"I've watched the NRLW for a couple of years now and you start to dream about playing in it or wonder if you'll ever get a chance or not," Peck told NRL.com.
"Now you've got the taste you want to stay and keep playing. I'd go anywhere after the experience this year but if I could, I'd love to stay a Warrior.
"I've really enjoyed the experience, being in a semi-professional environment where you learn about performance, routine, and culture."
Get Caught Up: NRLW Round 2
Peck will join the likes of Tazmin Gray, Karina Brown and Brianna Clark in returning to Queensland next week and committing to a 14-day quarantine as per government guidelines.
Warriors coach Brad Donald and strength and conditioning coach Simon Buxton are in a similar boat, while New Zealand-based Warriors players and staff will also return to Auckland and undergo a 14-day isolation period.
Peters believes several players in the squad had a case to remain on board with the club next season.
"It's certainly not what we were planning for in terms of results but I don't think you can fault the effort from the girls," Peters said.
"Not many expected us to do well given the circumstances and we are disappointed with parts of our performances but we've also built something here we can hopefully build on.
"I can certainly see a few of the girls who have come in this season coming back next year.
"I think it's really important to continue to grow and evolve the side and having a few Australian players in the squad moving forward would be positive.
"Obviously for the girls back home they'll be itching to get back into the mix but this experience has only been a good thing for the club.
"Brad Donald has been absolutely amazing in bringing us together and we'll definitely take key things away from his coaching and ability to prepare a side."
The Warriors face a Dragons outfit equally as desperate to ensure they don't finish the three-week regular season winless for the first time in NRLW history.