Broncos centre Herbie Farnworth is expected to return from a shoulder injury in Friday's clash with Parramatta in Darwin.
Star Kotoni Staggs is ahead of schedule in his comeback from last year's ACL tear. Staggs hit full speed at training on Monday and moved freely with some agility work with renewed hope he could be back earlier than his predicted round 12 return.
The Broncos will take a cautious road to his return to action but he could be back as early as Magic Round in four weeks.
Sharks star Shaun Johnson is set to return from an Achilles injury after completing his rehabilitation.
The Kiwi playmaker took to social media on Sunday night to share a text congratulating him on rejoining the main training squad.
Johnson's comeback could force interim coach Josh Hannay to make a tough decision with veterans Matt Moylan and Chad Townsend occupying the halves positions.
Dragons skipper Ben Hunt on Monday told NRL.com he was a 50/50 proposition as far as a comeback from his broken leg in Sunday's clash with the Roosters.
Wests Tigers youngster Asu Kepaoa has suffered a season-ending ACL tear in Saturday's heart-breaking loss to South Sydney.
Kepaoa went down late in the game and will meet with a surgeon on Monday to begin what is typically a 6-9 month recovery process.
Cowboys superstar Jason Taumalolo is facing another one-to-three weeks on the sidelines after suffering another hand fracture, but not the one he injured in March.
Taumalolo, who hasn't played since round one, suffered the new injury at training.
Warriors duo Peta Hiku (shoulder) and Adam Pompey (ankle) were taken off during their team's win over the Dragons at Kogarah on Sunday. Hiku suffered a dislocated shoulder and is likely to miss at least a month.
With winger David Fusitu'a (hamstring) to miss at least a fortnight, their depth in the outside backs is being tested.
Rabbitohs winger Josh Mansour failed to finish his side's golden point thriller due to a hamstring problem.
Eels back-rower Ryan Matterson was again a late withdrawal from the clash against Canberra as the club continues to take every precaution with his concussion recovery.
"We’re trying to get him on the field but his health and safety is our priority," coach Brad Arthur told media after the 35-10 win at GIO Stadium.
The Roosters' injury woes continued on Friday night with props Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Siosiua Taukeiaho both forced from the field as they went down 20-4 to the Storm.
The club reported on Saturday that Waerea-Hargreaves has sustained a shoulder capsule injury and will have scans this week while Taukeiaho has a moderate rib cartilage injury.
Veteran winger Brett Morris was also a late pre-game scratching due to hamstring tightness, but he is expected to be available for the Anzac Day blockbuster against St George Illawarra.
Knights winger Hymel Hunt suffered a hamstring injury in the opening 10 minutes of Friday night's clash with Cronulla.
Dragons prop Blake Lawrie was ruled out of the round 6 clash with the Warriors due to a cork.
Which team do you love to beat the most?
Head to NRL Pick'Em and get pickin’ to win a share of $100,000 cash every week!
2021 NRL premiers
To participate in the survey, you must be logged in to your NRL account.
Sign up to a FREE NRL Account and unlock this content. Creating an NRL Account is easy and will give you access to NRLTV, featured editorials, special ticketing offers, free competitions and much more.
Not sure? Learn more about an NRL Account.
The Casualty Ward
- Jesse Arthars (illness, round 7)
- Herbie Farnworth (shoulder, round 7)
- Kotoni Staggs (knee, round 10-12)
- Ben Te'o (biceps, round 18)
Raiders fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad will meet with a specialist before determining the next course of action after suffering a neck injury.
Winger Bailey Simonsson failed his HIA in the second half of the clash against the Eels.
- Bailey Simonsson (head knock, TBA)
- Ryan James (rested, round 7)
- Harley Smith-Shields (biceps, round 20)
- Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad (neck, indefinite)
- Lachlan Lewis (head knock, round 7)
- Jeremy Marshall-King (foot, round 10-12)
- Josh Jackson (calf, round 10-12)
- Raymond Faitala-Mariner (foot, round 18-22)
- Jayden Okunbor (knee, round 20)
- Nick Meaney (broken ribs, indefinite)
- Christian Crichton (knee, season)
Injured players to be sidelined when play stopped by trainer
Wade Graham and Josh Dugan missed Friday's clash with the Knights due to head knocks last week.
Tongan international Andrew Fifita was hit with a three-match suspension for a crusher tackle while playing NSW Cup.
- Wade Graham (concussion, round 7)
- Josh Dugan (concussion, round 7)
- Royce Hunt (knee, round 7)
- Shaun Johnson (Achilles, round 7)
- Andrew Fifita (suspension, round 9)
- Ronaldo Mulitalo (knee, round 9-10)
- Sione Katoa (knee, round 8-10)
- Jackson Ferris (foot, round 10)
- Phillip Sami (head knock, round 7)
- Anthony Don (hip, round 7)
Players to be penalised for breaking from scrums early
Second-rower Jack Gosiewski faces at least three months out following a foot injury suffered in round five against the Warriors.
Dylan Walker is also expected to be sidelined for at least eight weeks with a high-grade hamstring injury.
In better news, Jorge Taufua made a successful return in NSW Cup and will push for selection in round 7.
- Morgan Boyle (shoulder, TBA)
- Curtis Sironen (knee, round 7-8)
- Moses Suli (back, round 9)
- Dylan Walker (hamstring, round 10-12)
- Karl Lawton (Achilles, round 11-12)
- Jack Gosiewski (foot, round 17)
- Andrew Davey (knee, season)
- Manase Fainu (stood down, indefinite)
Storm co-captain Dale Finucane has been kept on ice for at least another week in his return from a calf injury.
Forward Darryn Schonig will be sidelined until round 15-17 after suffering a knee injury in the Intrust Super Cup.
- Dale Finucane (calf, round 7)
- Max King (Achilles, round 8-10)
- Darryn Schonig (knee, round 15-17)
The change to captain's challenge reviews in 2021
Hymel Hunt suffered a hamstring injury in the opening 10 minutes of Friday night's clash with Cronulla.
- Hymel Hunt (hamstring, TBA)
- Phoenix Crossland (knee, round 7)
- Tex Hoy (hamstring, round 7-8)
- Edrick Lee (foot, round 8)
- Lachlan Fitzgibbon (shoulder, round 8)
- Bailey Hodgson (knee, round 9)
- Mitchell Pearce (pectoral, round 14-16)
- Dom Young (knee, indefinite)
- Jirah Momoisea (Achilles, indefinite)
- Chris Randall (wrist, indefinite)
- Jason Taumalolo (broken hand, round 8-10)
- Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (leg, round 10)
- Reuben Cotter (foot, round 10-12)
Try decisions to be reviewed in background by Bunker
Ryan Matterson was again a late withdrawal for the Canberra game as the club continues to take every precaution with his concussion recovery.
- Ryan Matterson (concussion, round 7)
- Dylan Brown (suspension, round 7)
- Waqa Blake (calf, round 7)
- Ray Stone (shoulder, round 9-10)
- Michael Jennings (stood down, indefinite)
- Dylan Edwards (hand, round 8)
- Api Koroisau (wrist, round 8)
Josh Mansour failed to finish the clash against Wests Tigers after picking up a hamstring injury.
- Josh Mansour (hamstring, TBA)
- Taane Milne (knee, round 6)
- Blake Taaffe (ankle, round 8)
- Braidon Burns (knee, round 8-9)
- Jed Cartwright (back, mid-season)
- Brock Gardner (Achilles, indefinite)
Prop Blake Lawrie was ruled out of the round 6 clash with the Warriors due to a cork.
The Dragons hope to have captain Ben Hunt (leg fracture) back playing before round eight after consulting a specialist.
Coach Anthony Griffin said Hunt was "a chance but not a good chance" of returning for the Anzac Day clash with the Roosters.
Five-eighth Corey Norman will be assessed after hurting his shoulder in the round six loss to the Warriors.
- Corey Norman (shoulder, TBA)
- Blake Lawrie (cork, round 7)
- Ben Hunt (leg, round 8)
- Cameron McInnes (knee, season)
- Jack de Belin (stood down)
Why incorrect play-the-balls will now result in handovers
- Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (shoulder, TBA)
- Siosiua Taukeiaho (ribs, TBA)
- Brett Morris (calf, round 7)
- Sam Verrills (knee, round 8-10)
- Lachlan Lam (knee, round 9)
- Freddy Lussick (arm, round 11-13)
- Billy Smith (shoulder, mid-season)
- Boyd Cordner (concussion, indefinite)
- Luke Keary (knee, season)
- Peta Hiku (dislocated shoulder, TBA)
- Adam Pompey (ankle, TBA)
- Bayley Sironen (shoulder, round 7)
- Euan Aitken (ankle, round 9-11)
- Chanel Harris-Tavita (foot, round 13-14)
- Addin Fonua-Blake (knee, round 19-20)
Why play-the-ball restarts have replaced scrums when ball goes into touch
Asu Kepaoa has suffered a season-ending ACL rupture and is now facing a 6-9-month recovery. Utility Billy Walters made his return from the same injury via reserve grade in round 6.
- Asu Kepaoa (knee, season)
- Joey Leilua (head knock, round 7)
- Shawn Blore (wrist, round 8)
- Russell Packer (knee, round 10)
NRL Magic Round Brisbane 1-Day Passes are now on sale with eight massive games across round 10 at Suncorp Stadium this May. With the league's best players all heading to Brisbane, you'd hate to miss it! Tickets at NRL.com/Tickets