How the casualty ward for every club is looking for all 16 clubs heading into the off-season.
Casualty Ward By Club
Chemist Warehouse Casualty Ward
The Broncos will have a few players in the rehab group during the summer with Payne Haas (ankle) and Jake Turpin (jaw) looking at returns to training in December after picking up injuries in the final round of the season.
New recruit Kurt Capewell played the grand final with broken fingers but will join his new club before Christmas.
Only young gun Xavier Willison will miss the start of the 2022 season through injury, while Brendan Piakura and Tom Flegler are suspended.
- Kurt Capewell (finger, pre-season)
- Tyson Gamble (hand, pre-season)
- Jake Turpin (jaw, pre-season)
- Kotoni Staggs (knee, pre-season)
- Keenan Palasia (shoulder, pre-season)
- Patrick Carrigan (knee, trials)
- Payne Haas (ankle, trials)
- Xavier Willison (knee, mid-season)
- Brendan Piakura (suspension, round two)
- Thomas Flegler (suspension, round four)
Raiders captain Jarrod Croker had knee surgery in October and will be pushing to be available in round one of the 2022 season.
Corey Horsburgh underwent shoulder surgery and will push for an opening-round return in March.
Elliott Whitehead (elbow) and Xavier Savage (shoulder) are expected to be available for the trials.
- Elliott Whitehead (elbow, pre-season)
- Bailey Simonsson (groin, pre-season)
- Tom Starling (jaw, pre-season)
- Xavier Savage (shoulder, trials)
- Jarrod Croker (knee, round one)
- Corey Horsburgh (shoulder, round one)
Bulldogs winger Nick Cotric underwent shoulder surgery and won't start contact training with the side until after Christmas.
Cotric's toe injury, which ruled him out for the remainder of the 2021 season, has completely healed with the former Raider set to hit the paddock in November.
Raymond Faitala-Mariner isn't expected back on the training field until January after more surgery was required following further complications with a foot injury.
Aaron Schoupp underwent shoulder surgery in September and may be available for the trials, if not round one.
- John Asiata (neck, pre-season)
- Nick Cotric (shoulder/toe, pre-season)
- Aaron Schoupp (shoulder, trials)
- Max King (Achilles, trials)
- Raymond Faitala-Mariner (foot, round one)
- Matt Doorey (knee, mid-season)
New recruit Cameron McInnes trained with the Sharks rehab group this year and is set to join his new teammates in November after an ACL injury.
Sharks prop Andrew Fifita has made strong progress from a throat injury he suffered in August and has indicated his intentions to play on in 2022.
Captain Wade Graham hopes to start contact training in his return to the field in pre-season after missing most of the season with a concussion.
- Ronaldo Mulitalo (jaw, pre-season)
- Cameron McInnes (knee, pre-season)
- Franklin Pele (foot, pre-season)
- Jackson Ferris (foot, pre-season)
- Wade Graham (concussion, pre-season)
- Andrew Fifita (throat, indefinite)
Gold Coast Titans
The club will go into the 2022 pre-season with a near clean bill of health with only Joe Vuna, who will be elevated to the top squad next year, on the sidelines.
Vuna ruptured his ACL playing for Tweed Seagulls in September and faces a lengthy stint of rehabilitation.
In better news, AJ Brimson has overcome a fractured jaw while Kevin Proctor has avoided off-season shoulder surgery.
- AJ Brimson (jaw, pre-season)
- Kevin Proctor (shoulder, pre-season)
- Joe Vuna (knee, mid-season)
Manly Sea Eagles
- Andrew Davey (knee, pre-season)
- Morgan Boyle (shoulder, trials)
- Manase Fainu (stood down)
- Cameron Munster (suspension, round two)
- Brandon Smith (suspension, round two)
- Chris Lewis (suspension, round two)
Lachlan Fitzgibbon underwent shoulder surgery for the second time this year in August and is expected to be available for the pre-season.
Mitchell Barnett (groin) and Sauaso Sue (shoulder/knee) have undergone off-season surgeries and will be impacted when the squad returns to training.
New recruit Dane Gagai (knee) was cleared of a serious injury after falling awkwardly in a tackle during the 2021 Telstra Premiership grand final.
- Dane Gagai (knee, pre-season)
- Chris Randall (thumb, pre-season)
- Lachlan Fitzgibbon (shoulder, pre-season)
- Mitchell Barnett (groin, pre-season)
- Jack Johns (shoulder, round one)
- Sauaso Sue (suspension, round three)
North Queensland Cowboys
New recruit Chad Townsend failed to finish the season due to a shoulder injury but is expected to join his new teammates for pre-season training in November.
- Chad Townsend (shoulder, pre-season)
- Reuben Cotter (shoulder, pre-season)
- Ben Hampton (groin, pre-season)
- Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (hamstring, pre-season)
- Kane Bradley (hand, pre-season)
Maika Sivo is unlikely to be available for Parramatta in the early rounds of 2022 after rupturing his ACL in August.
- Nathaniel Roache (knee, trials)
- Reed Mahoney (shoulder, round one)
- Nathan Brown (ankle, round one)
- Marata Niukore (suspension, round two)
- Maika Sivo (knee, mid-season)
Nathan Cleary underwent shoulder surgery following the side's grand final win.
He is set for a lengthy rehabilitation during the summer but will push for round one selection.
Dylan Edwards (foot) and James Fisher-Harris (knee) got through the 2021 decider despite nursing injuries.
Edwards won't require surgery for a stress fracture and will be eased back into pre-season training.
- Dylan Edwards (foot, pre-season)
- James Fisher-Harris (knee, pre-season)
- Mitch Kenny (ankle, pre-season)
- Kurt Falls (knee, pre-season)
- Nathan Cleary (shoulder, round one)
South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Josh Mansour (knee, pre-season)
- Cameron Murray (shoulder, round one)
- Latrell Mitchell (suspension, round three)
St George Illawarra Dragons
- Ben Hunt (broken arm, pre-season)
- Zac Lomax (thumb fracture, pre-season)
- Cody Ramsey (face, pre-season)
- Andrew McCullough (ankle, trials)
- Josh McGuire (suspension, round six)
- Siosiua Tauekiaho (calf, pre-season)
- Joseph Manu (cheekbone, pre-season)
- Joseph Suaalii (foot, pre-season)
- Billy Smith (foot, trials)
- Luke Keary (knee, trials)
- Lindsay Collins (knee, trials)
- Sam Verrills (suspension, round two)
- Shaun Johnson (hamstring, pre-season)
- Bunty Afoa (hamstring, pre-season)
- Ben Murdoch-Masila (foot, trials)
- Tohu Harris (knee, mid-season)
- Matt Lodge (suspension, round two)
- Reece Walsh (suspension, round two)
The club is expecting most of their players who failed to finish the season back on the field in November with the exceptions of Adam Doueihi, Asu Kepaoa, and Tommy Talau, who all face lengthy rehabs following ACL surgery.
- Daine Laurie (ankle, pre-season)
- Luke Garner (ankle, pre-season)
- James Tamou (foot, pre-season)
- Alex Seyfarth (knee, pre-season)
- Asu Kepaoa (knee, round one)
- Adam Doueihi (knee, mid-season)
- Tommy Talau (knee, mid-season)
To view the complete NRL Casualty Ward, please visit the hub page.
In footy and in life, be there for an offload
Don't Blink or you'll miss a moment of the NRL finals - tickets are on sale now at NRL Tickets
Head to NRL Pick'Em and get pickin' to win a share of $100,000 cash every week!
2021 NRL premiers
To participate in the survey, you must be logged in to your NRL account.
Already have an NRL Account? Log In
Sign up to a FREE NRL Account and unlock this content. Creating an NRL Account is easy and will give you access to NRLTV, featured editorials, special ticketing offers, free competitions and much more.
Not sure? Learn more about an NRL Account.