How the casualty ward for every club is looking for all 16 clubs with the All Stars and NRL trial games just around the corner.
Casualty Ward By Club
To view the complete NRL Casualty Ward, please visit the hub page.
Chemist Warehouse Casualty Ward
Payne Haas (ankle) and Jake Turpin (jaw) returned to training in December after picking up injuries in the final round of the season.
Only young gun Xavier Willison will miss the start of the 2022 season through injury, while Brendan Piakura and Tom Flegler are suspended.
- Kotoni Staggs (knee, pre-season)
- Keenan Palasia (shoulder, pre-season)
- Albert Kelly (back, pre-season)
- Patrick Carrigan (knee, trials)
- Payne Haas (ankle, trials)
- Jordan Riki (shoulder, trials)
- Xavier Willison (knee, mid-season)
- Brendan Piakura (suspension, round two)
- Thomas Flegler (suspension, round four)
Raiders captain Jarrod Croker had knee surgery in October and will be pushing to be available in round one of the 2022 season.
Corey Horsburgh underwent shoulder surgery and will push for an opening-round return in March.
Elliott Whitehead (elbow) and Xavier Savage (shoulder) are expected to be available for the trials.
Returning winger Nick Cotric underwent shoulder surgery and started contact training after Christmas.
- Nick Cotric (shoulder, pre-season)
- Elliott Whitehead (elbow, pre-season)
- Bailey Simonsson (groin, pre-season)
- Tom Starling (jaw, pre-season)
- Xavier Savage (shoulder, trials)
- Jarrod Croker (knee, round one)
- Corey Horsburgh (shoulder, round one)
Raymond Faitala-Mariner is expected back on the training field in January after more surgery was required following further complications with a foot injury.
Aaron Schoupp underwent shoulder surgery in September and may be available for the trials, if not round one.
- Aaron Schoupp (shoulder, trials)
- Max King (Achilles, trials)
- Raymond Faitala-Mariner (foot, round one)
- Matt Doorey (knee, mid-season)
New recruit Cameron McInnes trained with the Sharks rehab group in 2021 and joined his new team-mates in November after an ACL injury.
Andrew Fifita has made strong progress from a throat injury he suffered in August and will play on in 2022.
Captain Wade Graham hopes to start contact training in the pre-season after missing most of the season with a concussion.
- Ronaldo Mulitalo (jaw, pre-season)
- Cameron McInnes (knee, pre-season)
- Franklin Pele (foot, pre-season)
- Jackson Ferris (foot, pre-season)
- Wade Graham (concussion, pre-season)
- Andrew Fifita (throat, indefinite)
Gold Coast Titans
The club will go into the 2022 pre-season with a near clean bill of health with only Joe Vuna, who will be elevated to the top squad next year, on the sidelines.
Vuna ruptured his ACL playing for Tweed Seagulls in September and faces a lengthy stint of rehabilitation.
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui picked up a knee injury in a training collision but is back at training.
In better news, AJ Brimson has overcome a fractured jaw while Kevin Proctor has avoided off-season shoulder surgery.
- Aaron Booth (knee/shoulder pre-season)
- AJ Brimson (jaw, pre-season)
- Jaimin Jolliffe (hamstring, pre-season)
- Tino Fa'asuamaleaui (knee, pre-season)
- Jojo Fifita (shoulder, pre-season)
- Kevin Proctor (shoulder, pre-season)
- Paul Turner (calf, pre-season)
- Joe Vuna (knee, mid-season)
Manly Sea Eagles
- Andrew Davey (knee, pre-season)
- Morgan Boyle (shoulder, trials)
- Manase Fainu (stood down)
Storm prop Jesse Bromwich returned to full training in January after having surgery on both elbows.
- Jesse Bromwich (elbows, trials)
- Cameron Munster (suspension, round two)
- Brandon Smith (suspension, round two)
- Chris Lewis (suspension, round two)
- Trent Loiero (ankle, trials)
Hooker Jayden Brailey will miss a large chunk of the season after suffering a ruptured achilles tendon in his left leg, during a non-contact team training session on January 15. The injury will require surgery, with the club hopeful Brailey can play a big role in the second half of the season.
Lachlan Fitzgibbon underwent shoulder surgery last August and is expected to be available for the pre-season.
Mitchell Barnett (groin) and Sauaso Sue (shoulder/knee) underwent off-season surgeries and will be limited in the pre-season.
- Jayden Brailey (achilles, mid-season)
- Chris Randall (thumb, pre-season)
- Lachlan Fitzgibbon (shoulder, pre-season)
- Mitchell Barnett (groin, pre-season)
- Jack Johns (shoulder, round one)
- Sauaso Sue (suspension, round three)
North Queensland Cowboys
New recruit Chad Townsend failed to finish the 2021 season due to a shoulder injury but has joined his new teammates for pre-season training.
- Chad Townsend (shoulder, pre-season)
- Reuben Cotter (shoulder, pre-season)
- Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (hamstring, pre-season)
- Kane Bradley (hand, pre-season)
- Ben Hampton (hamstring, round one)
Maika Sivo is unlikely to be available for Parramatta in the early rounds of 2022 after rupturing his ACL in August.
- Nathaniel Roache (knee, trials)
- Reed Mahoney (shoulder, round one)
- Nathan Brown (ankle, round one)
- Marata Niukore (suspension, round two)
- Maika Sivo (knee, mid-season)
Nathan Cleary underwent shoulder surgery following the grand final. He has endured a lengthy rehabilitation during the summer but will push for round one selection.
Dylan Edwards (foot) and James Fisher-Harris (knee) got through the 2021 decider despite nursing injuries.
Edwards did not require surgery for a stress fracture and has been eased back into pre-season training.
- Dylan Edwards (foot, pre-season)
- James Fisher-Harris (knee, pre-season)
- Mitch Kenny (ankle, pre-season)
- Kurt Falls (knee, pre-season)
- Nathan Cleary (shoulder, round one)
South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Josh Mansour (knee, pre-season)
- Lachlan Ilias (back, trials)
- Cameron Murray (shoulder, round one)
- Latrell Mitchell (suspension, round three)
St George Illawarra Dragons
Back-rower Billy Burns underwent surgery for a stress fracture in his foot in late November and is on track to be available for selection for round one.
- Ben Hunt (broken arm, pre-season)
- Zac Lomax (thumb fracture, pre-season)
- Cody Ramsey (face, pre-season)
- Andrew McCullough (ankle, trials)
- Billy Burns (foot, round one)
- Josh McGuire (suspension, round six)
- Siosiua Tauekiaho (calf, pre-season)
- Joseph Manu (cheekbone, pre-season)
- Joseph Suaalii (foot, pre-season)
- Billy Smith (foot, trials)
- Luke Keary (knee, trials)
- Lindsay Collins (knee, trials)
- Sam Verrills (suspension, round two)
- Shaun Johnson (hamstring, pre-season)
- Bunty Afoa (hamstring, pre-season)
- Ben Murdoch-Masila (foot, trials)
- Matt Lodge (suspension, round two)
- Reece Walsh (suspension, round two)
- Tohu Harris (knee, mid-season)
- Taniela Otukolo (knee, pre-season)
Adam Doueihi, Asu Kepaoa and Tommy Talau all face lengthy rehabs following ACL surgery.
- Daine Laurie (ankle, pre-season)
- Luke Garner (ankle, pre-season)
- James Tamou (foot, pre-season)
- Alex Seyfarth (knee, pre-season)
- Asu Kepaoa (knee, round one)
- Adam Doueihi (knee, mid-season)
- Tommy Talau (knee, mid-season)
Don't Blink or you'll miss a moment of the NRL finals - tickets are on sale now at NRL Tickets
Head to NRL Pick'Em and get pickin' to win a share of $100,000 cash every week!
2021 NRL premiers
To participate in the survey, you must be logged in to your NRL account.
Already have an NRL Account? Log In
Sign up to a FREE NRL Account and unlock this content. Creating an NRL Account is easy and will give you access to exclusive content, featured editorials, special ticketing offers, free competitions and much more.
Not sure? Learn more about an NRL Account.