A couple of starting hookers could be racing the clock for round one after suffering injuries in Saturday's trial matches.
Melbourne Storm star Harry Grant suffered a medial ligament injury during the 30-10 win over Newcastle. He's set to be assessed by the club on Monday.
"He has done a medial and I doubt he is going to be ready for round one," Storm coach Bellamy said after the match.
"I am not quite sure, but he's probably going to be out for three to four weeks.
"We will scan him and we will see how he progresses in the next 10 days."
Warriors rake Wayde Egan left the field early in his team's trial against the Gold Coast with a suspected elbow injury.
Egan forced from field with arm injury
New Bulldogs centre Nick Cotric and Sharks counterpart Josh Dugan both failed to finish their match due to ankle injuries but both are expected to be fit for the opening round of the Telstra Premiership in two weeks.
The Broncos suffered a double blow in Redcliffe on Saturday night with Jesse Arthars (ankle) and Thomas Flegler (shoulder) both picking up injury complaints.
Wests Tigers young gun Shawn Blore is set to be sidelined for eight weeks with a wrist injury, meaning he won't take the field in the regular season until round six at the earliest.
It's a blow for the promising 20-year-old who was challenging for a starting spot in the Tigers' second row this season.
2021 NRL premiers
To participate in the survey, you must be logged in to your NRL account.
Sign up to a FREE NRL Account and unlock this content. Creating an NRL Account is easy and will give you access to NRLTV, featured editorials, special ticketing offers, free competitions and much more.
Not sure? Learn more about an NRL Account.
The Casualty Ward
Broncos veteran Dale Copley is out for at least six weeks after suffering a throat injury in the club's trial game against Wynnum Manly at Kitchener Park.
Copley underwent a laryngoscopy which showed significant trauma to the throat and swelling in his airway.
Jesse Arthars and Tom Flegler both suffered injuries in the trial loss to the Cowboys in Redcliffe.
- Jesse Arthars (ankle, TBC)
- Tom Flegler (shoulder, TBC)
- Herbie Farnworth (chest, round 1)
- Anthony Milford (broken hand, round 1-2)
- Payne Haas (suspended, round 4)
- Dale Copley (throat, indefinite)
- Kotoni Staggs (knee, mid-season)
Stuart discusses Foundation plans and season ahead
Raiders co-captain Jarrod Croker is ahead of schedule and could be named to return from shoulder surgery in round one against the Tigers.
Croker will miss this week's trial with the Roosters but is on track to be cleared for the opening game of the season.
Bailey Simonsson has been named in the trial despite withdrawing from the All Stars with a minor leg complaint.
- Jarrod Croker (shoulder, rounds 1-3)
Nick Cotric is expected to be fit for round one despite suffering an ankle injury in the trial against the Sharks.
Jeremy Marshall-King will miss this weekend's trial due to a foot injury but along with Dylan Napa, Raymond Faitala-Mariner and Jake Averillo, is pushing for round one selection.
- Adam Elliott (shoulder, trials)
- Joe Stimson (shoulder, trials)
- Dylan Napa (knee, round 1)
- Jake Averillo (elbow, round 1)
- Jeremy Marshall-King (foot, round 1)
- Raymond Faitala-Mariner (ankle, round 1)
- Luke Thompson (suspended, round 5)
- Jayden Okunbor (knee, mid-late season)
- Christian Crichton (knee, season)
- Nick Cotric (ankle, round 1)
Barrett's influence helps prepare Flanagan
Josh Dugan suffered what is expected to be a minor ankle injury in Saturday's trial against Canterbury.
Prop Royce Hunt is targeting an earlier-than-expected return from a ruptured patella in round one or two.
- Josh Dugan (ankle, round 1)
- Toby Rudolf (leg, round 1)
- Aiden Tolman (leg, round 1)
- Royce Hunt (knee, round 1-2)
- Siosifa Talakai (shoulder, round 1-3)
- Shaun Johnson (Achilles, round 5-8)
- Jack A Williams (throat, indefinite)
- Bronson Xerri (stood down)
- Sam McIntyre (foot, round 1)
Manly received a blow on the eve of the season with Tom Trbojevic sidelined for another six weeks with a hamstring injury.
Trbojevic is expected to miss six to seven weeks with a return in round four on the cards.
Several players including Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran were left out of the club's trial against Wests Tigers on Sunday but will be available for round one selection.
- Josh Aloiai (knee, trials)
- Josh Schuster (ankle, trials)
- Moses Suli (foot, trials)
- Dylan Walker (foot, round 1)
- Kieran Foran (pectoral, round 1)
- Tom Trbojevic (hamstring, round 4)
- Jorge Taufua (Achilles, April)
- Manase Fainu (stood down)
Harry Grant suffered a medial ligament injury in Saturday's trial win over Newcastle.
- Brenko Lee (hamstring, round 1)
- Harry Grant (knee, round 2-4)
Edrick Lee has been ruled out of the season opener against the Bulldogs after a foot fracture at training.
Hymel Hunt (hamstring) will miss the trial against Melbourne but should be available for round one selection.
- Hymel Hunt (hamstring, round 1)
- Kalyn Ponga (shoulder, rounds 1-4)
- Edrick Lee (foot, rounds 1-4)
- Blake Green (knee, rounds 5-8)
- Jirah Momoisea (Achilles, indefinite)
- Lachlan Fitzgibbon (shoulder, indefinite)
- Josh McGuire (hamstring, round 1)
- Jordan McLean (hamstring, round 1)
- Kane Bradley (shoulder, round 4)
- Tom Gilbert (broken fibula, early rounds)
New recruit Bryce Cartwright suffered a broken jaw at training and is expected to miss as much as the first month of the season. Michael Oldfield is looking at a similar absence with a knee injury.
- Marata Niukore (suspended, round 2)
- Bryce Cartwright (broken jaw, early rounds)
- Michael Oldfield (knee, round 4)
- Michael Jennings (stood down)
Yeo and Cleary ready to lead young cubs
New recruit Scott Sorensen will miss the club's trial against Parramatta with a slight hamstring issue but is in no doubt for the season opener on March 13.
- Scott Sorensen (hamstring, round 1)
Rabbitohs youngster Blake Taaffe suffered an ankle injury in Saturday's win over the Dragons.
- Jai Arrow (hamstring, round 1)
- Taane Milne (knee, rounds 1-4)
- Braidon Burns (knee, indefinite)
- Brock Gardner (Achilles, indefinite)
- Blake Taaffe (ankle, TBC)
Jordan Pereira and Poasa Faamausili left the field following head knocks in Saturday's Charity Shield against Souths in Mudgee.
- Billy Brittain (shoulder, round 1)
- Cameron McInnes (knee, season)
- Jack de Belin (stood down)
- Jordan Pereira (HIA, round 1)
- Poasa Faamausili (HIA, round 1)
Ready to play? Join our league of strong and confident kids
- Luke Keary (hamstring, round 1)
- Victor Radley (knee, early rounds)
- Sam Verrills (knee, early rounds)
- Billy Smith (shoulder, mid-season)
- Boyd Cordner (concussion, indefinite)
Wayde Egan suffered an elbow injury in Saturday's trial against the Titans.
Eliesa Katoa is in doubt for round one after fracturing his eye socket in a training ground collision.
- Chanel Harris-Tavita (quadriceps, round 1)
- David Fusitu'a (minor knock, round 1)
- Jackson Frei (knee, round 1)
- Eliesa Katoa (eye-socket, round 1-2)
- Karl Lawton (Achilles, late season)
- Wayde Egan (elbow, TBC)
A wrist injury is set to keep 20-year-old forward Shawn Blore on the sidelines until round six at the earliest. Moses Mbye is expected to recover from a hamstring injury before round one.
- Moses Mbye (hamstring, round 1)
- Adam Doueihi (suspended, round 2)
- Zane Musgrove (suspended, round 3)
- Billy Walters (knee, indefinite)
- Shawn Blore (wrist, round 6-8)