Priority areas for research
In a given calendar year, the Rugby League Research Committee will invite key stakeholders to propose priority areas that the game should fund research for the following season. The key stakeholders are:
- NRL departments
- Standing committees formed by the NRL/ARLC
- Telstra Premiership clubs
- State Leagues
If Junior/Senior Rugby League Clubs, Leagues or Zones wish to suggest a priority area for research, then they should submit this through their existing process of communication up to and through the relevant State League.
Once the key stakeholders propose areas/topics to research, then the RLRC will consider proposals, then finalise a shortlist of priority research areas.
Then, RLRC will invite universities/research institutions to lodge an Expression of Interest, to
- transform a shortlisted area into a specific research topic
- propose how the applicant would research this area
- apply for funding for their research proposal
For information on the priority areas for research that have been proposed please visit the Projects page.