Fans from each team are encouraged to support their team by texting either team name (Broncos, Eels, Bulldogs or Storm) to 0427 MY TEAM (0427 698 326). The more texts, the more online muscle your team gets in the Tug of War. Each text entry goes into the draw to win a trip to the Telstra Premiership Grand Final.
• Telstra is giving you the chance to win a trip for 2 to Sydney to attend the Telstra NRL Premiership Grand Final.
• Text your team name to 0427 MY TEAM (0427 698 326) to be entered into the draw for the chance to win an ultimate NRL Grand Final experience
• The prize includes return economy flights from the winner’s nearest capital city, accommodation, transfers and general admission tickets for two people to the big game valued at over $2,000 in total
• Plus, 10 cents from every text goes to Telstra Child Flight.
Terms and Conditions of Entry for the NRL Grand Final - Tug of War Promotion
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
2. The Promoter is Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556 of Level 2, 400 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000 ("Promoter").
3. The Promotion will be open from 9:00 am Australian Eastern Standard Time ("AEST") on 20 September 2009 and will continue until 11:00 pm AEST on 28 September 2009 ("Promotion Period").
4. Entry is open to all Australian residents aged 18 years and over, other than management, employees or contractors of the Promoter and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of prizes), and their immediate families ("Eligible Entrants").
5. There are two separate draws, one for each of the NRL preliminary finals taking place on 25 & 26 September 2009. When entering you need to specify which draw you intend to enter by doing the following:
(a) To enter the draw related to the first preliminary final: SMS their name and the nickname of one of the teams playing in the first 2009 NRL preliminary final match (for example, if Cronulla were playing in that game, SMS ‘Sharks’) to 0427 MYTEAM (0427 698 326) (“Eligible Entry for 1st Preliminary Final Draw”); or
(b) To enter the draw related to the second preliminary final: SMS their name and the nickname of one of the teams playing in the second 2009 NRL preliminary final match (for example, if St George Illawarra were playing in that game SMS ‘Dragons’) to 0427 MYTEAM (0427 698 326) (“Eligible Entry for 2nd Preliminary Final Draw”).
6. Eligible Entrants may enter the Promotion as many times as they like.
7. The maximum cost for the SMS will be 55 cents (including GST).
8. A computerised draw for the prizes will take place at 11:00am AEST on 29 September 2009 ("Draw Date") at Level 2, 400 George Street, Sydney NSW ("Draw Location"). The draw will be conducted by a representative of the Promoter.
9. The Eligible Entrants with the first two valid Eligible Entries in the 1st Preliminary Final Draw that are drawn will each win from the Promoter an NRL Grand Final package valued at $2,190.00 (inc. GST).
10. The Eligible Entrants with the first two valid Eligible Entries in the 2nd Preliminary Final Draw that are drawn will each win from the Promoter an NRL Grand Final package valued at $2,190.00 (inc. GST).
11. The NRL Grand Final package consists of;
(a) two adult return economy airfares from the winner’s nearest capital city to Sydney, departing on 4 October 2009 and returning on 5 October 2009, valued at up to $1,420.00 (inc GST) (unless the winner’s nearest capital city is Sydney, in which case this component of the Prize is forfeited);
(b) transfers to and from the airport and from the hotel to ANZ Stadium for two people. Valued at up to $250.00 (inc GST);
(c) one night twin-share accommodation for two at a minimum three and a half star hotel in the Sydney CBD, valued at up to $250.00 (inc GST); and
(d) two General Administration tickets to the 2009 NRL Grand Final to be held on 4 October 2009 at ANZ Stadium, Edwin Flack Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park, NSW, valued at $270.00 (inc GST).
12. Each Prize winner will be notified by telephone and, if required by law, in writing on 29 September 2009. The winner’s details will be published in The Australian newspaper on 30 September 2009.
13. In the event that the Prize has not been claimed by 1 October 2009, and the Promoter is not required by the relevant gaming authorities to hold the unclaimed Prize, a computerised re-draw for the Prize will take place at 11:00 am on 1 October 2009 at the Draw Location. The re-draw winner will be notified by telephone and their details will be published in The Australian newspaper on 2 October 2009.
14. The total Prize pool value is up to $8,760.00(including GST).
15. Prizes are not exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash except that the Prize may only be transferred where the alternative recipient is nominated at the time the Prize winner is notified that they have won a Prize. All other costs associated with the Prize, are the responsibility of the winners and their guest. The Prize will be valid for use on 4 October 2009 only.
16. The Promoter shall not be liable for any Prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way before it reaches the winner.
17. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize.
18. If the Promoter is unable to provide a winner with the nominated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value to the nominated Prize, subject to any written directions given by State or Territory gaming departments.
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
20. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, subject to State and Territory regulations.
21. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
22. Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions of entry. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. By entering the Promotion, the entrant understands and agrees that the Promoter may use and disclose the information provided by the entrant on the terms and for the purposes (including marketing) set out in the Promoter’s Privacy Statement available at www.telstra.com.au/privacy/privacy_statement.html or by calling 1800 039 059, as if they were a customer of the Promoter. The entrant agrees that the Promoter can continue to contact them even after this Promotion ends. If the entrant would like to access or correct the personal information that the Promoter holds about the entrant, or if the entrant does not wish the information to be disclosed, the entrant should advise the Promoter by phoning 1800 039 059.
25. By entering into the Promotion, the entrant agrees and acknowledges that:
(a) they may be contacted by the Promoter to provide comments about the competition and the Promoter (or an agent of the Promoter) may take photos of them;
(b) the Promoter may use such comments or photos (the "Materials") for the Promoter's future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them;
(c) the Promoter may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as the Promoter wishes at any time, anywhere, and by any means. The Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
(d) they acknowledge that, by entering the Promotion, they grant to the Promoter on creation of the Materials a royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use the Materials for whatever purpose;
(e) they unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given ("Moral Rights");
(f) they waive all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise outside Australia; and
(g) they agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of their Moral Rights in the Materials.
26. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or indirect loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this Promotion.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the Prize.
Authorised by permit numbers:
ACT: TP 09/03467