It's the official NRL fantasy game... and it's easy, fun and the best way to follow your favourite NRL stars in 2010.
So what makes Toyota NRL Dream Team the best fantasy football game around?
- It's the only fantasy football game with live scoring
- Add our 'celebrities' to your own private league
- You can follow your teams' score LIVE via your mobile or on the web
- Mobile access. Manage your Dream Team from more places
- It's easy to play for all; experts and novices alike can compete hard
- Did we say it's the official fantasy game?
So what improvements have we made for 2010?
- An improved team auto-fill option that will save you plenty of time, especially if you like to build your list as close to the start of round one as possible.
- A new team editing feature that lets you switch players named in two positions (e.g. backrower/centre), without forfeiting a trade.
- The opportunity for primary and secondary school students to compete in the National Schools Competition to become the best school-age Dream Team player in the country.
- Group competitions with unlimited participants. You create them and fill them with your mate, work colleagues, friends and family.
And what about gameplay and scoring?
We put the question to our 2009 Dream Team users and the response was almost unanimous ... if it's not broken, don't fix it.
So we didn't, but we couldn't resist making two significant positional changes:
- Hookers and front-rowers have now been separated, meaning you will now select two hookers and four front-rowers.
- Halfbacks and five-eighths have been merged, meaning you will now just select four 'halves' in your squad.
So what are we playing for in 2010?
Thanks to the on-going support of our fantasic sponsor Toyota, we're stoked to announce the overall winner of the 2010 NRL Dream Team competition will drive away their choice of one of four brand new Toyotas.
Weekly winners will pocket $1000 cash.
Better still, the highest weekly score posted throughout the season will also score $10,000 cash. That's right, anyone - with any team - can post the highest score of the season in any week and by doing so will make themselves $10,000 big ones (plus the $1000 for being the weekly winner!)
The winner of the 'Eliminator' competition (it's the knockout comp which kicks off in Round 11) will also bag $1000 cash.
In 2010 we're also offering some amazing prizes simply for registering early. Register before February 12 and you'll automatically go into the draw to win one of five $1000 cash prizes. That’s cold hard cash, just for selecting your dream team!
But wait... there's more! If you register by Friday 12th February and share with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or email - you will be entered into the draw to enjoy the excitement of the inaugural Indigenous All Stars v NRL All Stars match. The prize includes flights, tickets & accommodation for two adults.
You and your bestie will need to be ready to hit the road at 9am on Saturday, 13 February.
Don't forget, the most important prize of all is bragging rights. Make sure you increase your chances of winning these by entering your team in up to three private leagues.
Where can you get the latest Dream Team advice, selection solutions and inside info?
Oour resident Dream Team guru, The Lone Scout, of course.
The Lone Scout will be writing exclusive columns, on NRL.com, throughout the season, as well as answering your email questions.
The guru is available now to talk everything Dream Team. Check out Lone Scout's Facebook page by clicking here or follow his tips and late mail advise, via his Twitter feed, by clicking here.
So what are you waiting for? Don't just dream it. DO it, by registering your team now!