You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Michael Crocker will bring 20 years playing experience to the role of Manager - Player Relations when he joins the Rugby League Players Association (RLPA) next month.
The South Sydney Captain recently announced his retirement due to injury after 13 years playing first grade and although disappointed to leave the playing field he is looking forward to his new position with the RLPA.
“In 13 years of first grade I’ve been through pretty much everything you’d expect to go through as a player,” said Crocker. “I’ve experienced highs and lows both on and off the field and have learned a lot not just from my successes but from my disappointments and mistakes.
“I’ll be drawing on that experience when I’m talking with the players,” said Crocker. “This is the players' association and they need to be involved and informed."
RLPA Chief Executive David Garnsey says Crocker has an established reputation as a leader and one of the most admired players in the game.
“We’re excited to have Michael joining us because he’s a proven performer with a keen understanding of player issues,” said Garnsey. “He is known and respected by the players and has a real feel for what the Association can achieve for our members.
“Michael will be in regular contact with our Club Delegates to update them about issues or developments that have an impact on our members and he'll canvas the players so they continue to have input into the operation and direction of the RLPA,” said Garnsey.
About Michael Crocker
• Made his NRL debut in 2001 and played 92 games with the Roosters.
• Played 44 games with Melbourne Storm 2006 to 2008.
• Five Grand Final appearances (2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008) including two victories.
• Played 68 games for the South Sydney Rabbitohs (2009 −2013).
• South Sydney Club Captain in 2013.
• Played 13 State of Origin games for Queensland (2003-2009)
• Played six Tests for Australia (2003-2008)
• Played 204 first grade games.
• Scored 278 first grade points from 32 tries and 75 goals.