Walker set to stay at South Sydney
South Sydney five-eighth Cody Walker has confirmed he will sign a new deal with the Rabbitohs that will keep him at the club until the end of the 2020 season.
Walker confirmed to NRL.com he will put pen to paper on a two-year contract extension, putting an end to speculation about his future.
"I'm going to be here for the next three years, this year included," Walker said.
"Happy to have my future sorted, and can't wait for the season to start.
"I'm 28 this year so that sort of pressure it off my back now, I can really focus on my role and focus on my role within the team."
The 28-year-old was a standout for South Sydney last season and has scored 14 tries and provided 18 try assists in 44 appearances for the club.
Walker suffered a shoulder injury in pre-season training last week but said he hopes to be fit to play the Charity Shield against St George Illawarra on February 24.