You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Guy Sebastian to headline State of Origin decider

One of Australia’s most successful male singer songwriters, Guy Sebastian, will lead the pre-match entertainment at the Holden State of Origin decider, at ANZ Stadium on Wednesday, July 10.

Sebastian, who has four ARIA Awards and 28 nominations and is a Coach on the hit Nine Network show The Voice, will perform his Top 10 ARIA single “Choir” ahead of the match.

“This is the biggest match of the year so far and we will have one of Australia’s best artists for the occasion,” NRL Chief Commercial Officer Andrew Abdo.

“Guy will bring his unique brand of music and voice to the biggest sporting stage in the country. It will be a fantastic fit as we look to celebrate a wonderful Origin series.”

Sebastian said he was relishing the opportunity to perform on such a stage.

“There's nothing quite like the passion and emotion that goes into a State of Origin decider,” he said. “I am going to get the party started before the game and I can't wait. Bring it on.”

Fans attending can also take part in the performance courtesy of the NRL’s partnership with Game Changer MVP’s Flashpoint technology.

Utilising the flashlight strobe function, video display and vibration on smartphones, Flashpoint will connect fans who have downloaded and opened the official NRL App through a unified flash and video display on their own devices, in-line with the live performance and light show.

The Australian National Anthem will also be sung by Alinta Chidzey, the lead cast member from the hit Chicago – The Musical.

“I am so thrilled to be representing Chicago the Musical and performing the national anthem at one of Australia’s premiere sporting events. I cannot wait to get out there in the middle of ANZ Stadium and feel the electrifying energy from the passionate crowd.”

Holden State of Origin III is supported by the NSW Government, through its tourism and major events agency Destination NSW.

“There’s no doubt that State of Origin is one of the most fiercely fought battles in Australian sport, and to have the deciding match at ANZ Stadium in Sydney will generate millions in tourism related spend from interstate and regional NSW league fans,” Minister for Tourism Stuart Ayres said.

“The NSW Government is right behind the Blues to go back-to-back, just as we are huge supporters of NRL across the full calendar of world-class sporting events including men’s and women’s State of Origin.”

Frequent express trains and Major Event buses will be running for Origin III, with return travel included in event tickets.

A large number of people will be leaving an event in Sydney Olympic Park around the same time as Origin fans will be arriving, so anyone planning to drive is urged to allow plenty of additional travel time.

A high NSW Police and Security presence will be in place for Holden State of Origin Game III, both inside ANZ Stadium and throughout the Sydney Olympic Park precinct before, during and after the event.

Fans are encouraged to arrive early and leave additional time for the security screening process when entering the Stadium. This process will include mandatory bag searches and personal checks.

Only small bags (no larger than 30cm x 40cm) are permitted into ANZ Stadium for events, and all bags will be checked by security. Fans are encouraged to arrive without bags if possible.

For broadcast details for Holden State of Origin III, please click here

Tickets are still available for the final Holden State of Origin match and can be purchased via nrl.com/tickets.