Star Roosters playmaker Luke Keary was taken to hospital on Thursday night with fears he had suffered an internal injury during the loss to Melbourne.
Keary initially left the field with a suspected ribs injury before an ambulance was called to transport him to hospital.
He was one of three Roosters injuries on the night, with halfback Lachlan Lam suffering an ankle injury in the first half. Lam is set to undergo scans on a suspected syndesmosis injury.
Veteran forward Mitchell Aubusson also left the field in the first half with a wrist injury.
Aubusson forced off with injury
The Storm didn't escape injuries either with winger Suliasi Vunivalu suffering a suspected broken jaw and Jahrome Hughes likely to miss a week with a groin injury.
Broncos young gun Xavier Coates is out this week after suffering a foot injury at training on Thursday.
Teammate Matt Lodge has been ruled out of action for the rest of the 2020 season with a leg injury.
He originally injured his knee in round seven against the Titans, with the initial prognosis not expected to be serious.
Since that injury, Lodge has had multiple scans and a specialist appointment to try to find the cause of continued knee pain, with no definite result.
He was determined to get back on the field and played last weekend against the Rabbitohs but following that game the pain in his knee had not subsided.
He could not complete Tuesday’s training session due to the increasing knee pain and further scans revealed a hairline fracture was discovered in his tibia and this will require the rest of the season to heal properly.
St George Illawarra forward Tariq Sims has been ruled out for up to six weeks with a shoulder injury.
The Dragons have indicated Sims won't require surgery on a "high grade" AC joint issue and could be back before the finals.
"We saw the specialist yesterday who fortunately said conservative management would be the best approach for him," Dragons head of athletic performance Nathan Pickworth said.
Dragons hooker Billy Brittain is also expected to miss 1-2 weeks with a syndesmosis injury suffered at training.
Elsewhere, the Bulldogs have lost Jake Averillo for at least a week with a hip complaint.
North Queensland has received a much-needed boost with Scott Drinkwater named to return from a knee injury against the Rabbitohs on Saturday.
Prop John Asiata (knee) has also been included on the interchange bench after having a week off.
Star fullback Tom Trbojevic will have scans on his hamstring this week to see whether he has the "integrity" in the muscle to move onto the next stage of his rehab. If not, he'll have to wait.
Match Highlights: Sharks v Eels
The Casualty Ward
Xavier Coates suffered a foot injury at training on Wednesday while Matt Lodge was ruled out for the season with a fractured tibia.
- Xavier Coates (foot, TBC)
- Alex Glenn (knee, round 15-17)
- Tevita Pangai jnr (self-isolation, round 16)
- Anthony Milford (hamstring, round 17)
- Corey Oates (leg, indefinite)
- Jordan Kahu (shoulder, indefinite)
- Sean O'Sullivan (knee, indefinite)
- Keenan Palasia (knee, indefinite)
- Tesi Nui (wrist, season)
- Matt Lodge (leg, season)
- Jack Bird (ACL, season)
Siliva Havili was forced off early in the second half against Penrith with a triceps injury but is expected to face the Broncos in round 14.
- Siliva Havili (triceps, round 14)
- Semi Valemei (knee, round 16-17)
- Emre Guler (ankle, round 17-19)
- Corey Horsburgh (foot, round 19)
- Sia Soliola (facial fracture, finals)
- Sebastian Kris (personal leave, indefinite)
- Andre Niko (knee, season)
- Josh Hodgson (knee, season)
- Bailey Simonsson (shoulder, season)
Will Hopoate will join the main squad this week as he recovers from a syndesmosis injury but is still 1-2 weeks from returning.
- Jake Averillo (hip, round 15)
- Will Hopoate (ankle, round 15-16)
- Joe Stimson (shoulder, season)
- Adam Elliott (shoulder, season)
Ronaldo Mulitalo and Scott Sorensen have been named to face the Titans despite suffering head knocks last week.
- Ronaldo Mulitalo (head knock, round 14-15)
- Scott Sorensen (head knock, round 14-15)
- Andrew Fifita (finger/round 15-16)
- Chad Townsend (calf, round 16-18)
- Jackson Ferris (knee, round 17-19)
- Bronson Xerri (stood down)
- Cameron King (ACL, season)
- Mitch Rein (knee, round 16-17)
- Jonus Pearson (pectoral, round 16-17)
- Ryan James (knee, season)
Manly prop Addin Fonua-Blake is set to miss a month after scans confirmed he suffered a high-grade PCL injury in last round's loss to the Warriors.
On a positive note, second-rowers Joel Thompson (ankle) and Curtis Sironen (knee) have been named to return against the Knights on Sunday.
Marty Taupau will be monitored ahead of the clash after suffering a concussion.
- Curtis Sironen (knee, round 14)
- Joel Thompson (ankle, round 14)
- Brad Parker (head knock, round 14)
- Martin Taupau (head knock, 14-15)
- Tom Trbojevic (hamstring, round 15-17)
- Dylan Walker (foot, round 17-19)
- Addin Fonua-Blake (knee, round 18)
- Albert Hopoate (knee, indefinite)
- Manase Fainu (stood down/shoulder)
Storm winger Suliasi Vunivalu suffered a suspected broken jaw in Thursday's win over the Roosters while Jahrome Hughes is likely to miss a week with a groin injury. Craig Bellamy also said Cameron Smith is at least another week away from returning from a shoulder injury.
- Suliasi Vunivalu (jaw, TBC)
- Max King (Achilles, round 15)
- Jahrome Hughes (groin, round 16)
- Cameron Smith (shoulder, round 16)
- Marion Seve (ear, round 16-17)
- Cameron Munster (knee, round 16-17)
- Tui Kamikamica (lower back, finals)
- Paul Momirovski (finger, finals)
Best loss a 'huge blow' for Knights' finals hopes
Bradman Best underwent surgery on a syndesmosis injury on Tuesday with more to be known on a possible return in the coming weeks.
- Daniel Saifiti (knee, round 14)
- Pasami Saulo (suspension, round 15)
- Sione Mata'utia (ankle, round 18)
- Bradman Best (ankle, indefinite)
- Tim Glasby (concussion, indefinite)
- Edrick Lee (arm, indefinite)
- Andrew McCullough (hamstring, season)
- Connor Watson (Achilles, season)
- Jayden Brailey (knee, season)
- Scott Drinkwater (knee, round 14)
- John Asiata (knee, round 14)
- Valentine Holmes (ankle, round 18-20)
- Murray Taulagi (wrist, indefinite)
- Ryan Matterson (concussion, round 14)
- Peni Terepo (indefinite)
Dylan Edwards is nearing a return from a hamstring injury after being named in the 21-man squad on Tuesday.
Brian To'o remains at least another fortnight away.
- Dylan Edwards (hamstring, round 14-15)
- Brian To'o (ankle, round 15)
- Charlie Staines (hamstring, round 16)
- Kurt Capewell (knee, round 16)
- Dean Whare (toe, round 18)
- Hame Sele (shoulder, round 16)
- James Roberts (pectoral, finals)
- Ethan Lowe (neck, season)
- Tom Amone (knee, season)
- Braidon Burns (knee, season)
- Brayden Wiliame (calf, round 14)
- Paul Vaughan (self-isolation, round 16)
- Jackson Ford (suspended, round 16)
- Billy Brittain (syndesmosis, round 16-17)
- Tariq Sims (shoulder, round 20)
- Jack de Belin (stood down)
Roosters halfback Lachlan Lam suffered an ankle injury in Thursday night's clash with Melbourne, while Mitchell Aubusson also left the field in the first half with a wrist injury and star playmaker Luke Keary suffered a ribs injury.
- Lachlan Lam (ankle, TBC)
- Mitchell Aubusson (wrist, TBC)
- Luke Keary (ribs, TBC)
- Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (calf, round 15)
- Brett Morris (back, round 15)
- Angus Crichton (knee, round 15)
- Daniel Tupou (ankle, round 15)
- Boyd Cordner (head knock, indefinite)
- Victor Radley (knee, season)
- Sam Verrills (knee, season)
- Billy Smith (knee, season)
Ballads and barbecues welcome Warriors recruits
- Nathaniel Roache (knee, round 15)
- Leeson Ah Mau (pectoral, indefinite)
- Rocco Berry (back, indefinite)
- Leivaha Pulu (compassionate leave, season)
- Agnatius Paasi (compassionate leave, season)
- David Fusitu'a (compassionate leave, season)
- Ken Maumalo (compassionate leave, season)
- King Vuniyayawa (compassionate leave, season)
- Taane Milne (knee, season)
- Jackson Frei (knee, season)
- Bunty Afoa (knee, season)
- Selestino Ravutaumada (season)
- Jacob Liddle (knee, round 14)
- Alex Twal (sternum, round 15)
- Zane Musgrove (foot, round 16-18)
- Harry Grant (knee, round 17)
- Michael Chee Kam (concussion, indefinite)
- Billy Walters (knee, season)