Roosters duo Victor Radley and Sam Verrills remain on track to return from knee injuries in the early rounds of the Telstra Premiership next season.
Along with winger Billy Smith, the trio completed an intensive rehabilitation program on the Central Coast recently and will begin a modified training program in January.
Smith is further ahead in his rehabilitation after rupturing his ACL in January and could be available for the club's trials in February.
A core group of the Roosters NRL squad will return to training on November 30.
Titans fullback AJ Brimson is unlikely to start full training until January as he recovers from an operation to repair the Lisfranc fracture he suffered in State of Origin I.
NRL confident of NZ return, no player ‘bubble’ in 2021
But the livewire Maroons debutant is "on track for round one".
"AJ's a week post-surgery ... He's tracking along really well. The surgeon was really confident that they'd been able to fix that issue," Gold Coast head of performance Klint Hoare said.
Second-rower David Fifita is poised to begin skills training in the next two weeks, with the end of his rehab from a syndesmosis injury in sight.
The star recruit began pre-season training with his new teammates on Monday but has so far been restricted to field running.
Meanwhile, five-eighth Ash Taylor has progressed nicely after hips and wrist surgery but "probably won't be back into full training until post-Christmas", said Hoare.
"He’s trying to get range of motion in the wrist but he is now being re-introduced into the squad in regards to weights and also doing the altitude chamber,” Hoare said.
In more Titans news, prop Jaimin Jolliffe has returned to full training, albeit on a managed load, following a syndesmosis injury suffered in round 17, with Hoare saying he is "flying".
And fellow forward Jai Whitbread has begun rehab running after ankle surgery with the aim of rejoining the full squad before Christmas.
Elsewhere, Knights five-eighth Blake Green said his recovery from knee surgery is "progressing quite nicely" with the aim of starting to run before or just after Christmas.
However, the 34-year-old playmaker is "not 100% sure yet" about when he will return to the playing field. Green had his operation at the start of September.
The Casualty Ward
- Andrew McCullough (hamstring, 2021)
- Kotoni Staggs (knee, 2021)
- Ryan Sutton (knee, 2021)
- Corey Horsburgh (foot, 2021)
- Emre Guler (ankle, 2021)
- Curtis Scott (leg, 2021)
- Andre Niko (knee, 2021)
- Josh Hodgson (knee, 2021)
- Bailey Simonsson (shoulder, 2021)
- Jayden Okunbor (knee, 2021)
- Blayke Brailey (ankle, trials, 2021)
- Matt Moylan (hamstring, trials, 2021)
- Siosifa Talakai (shoulder, round 1-3, 2021)
- Shaun Johnson (achilles, round 8-10, 2021)
- Royce Hunt (knee, round 8-10, 2021)
- Bronson Xerri (suspended, indefinite)
- David Fifita (ankle, trials, 2021)
- AJ Brimson (foot, 2021)
- Jai Whitbread (ankle, 2021)
- Ash Taylor (hips/wrist, 2021)
- Tom Trbojevic (shoulder, trials, 2021)
- Jorge Taufua (achilles, 2021)
- Moses Suli (foot, 2021)
- Manase Fainu (stood down/shoulder)
- Kalyn Ponga (shoulder, 2021)
- Connor Watson (achilles, 2021)
- Jayden Brailey (knee, 2021)
- Blake Green (knee, 2021)
- Michael Morgan (calf, 2021)
- Blake Ferguson (knee, 2021)
- Maika Sivo (knee, 2021)
- Charlie Staines (hamstring, trials, 2021)
- Braidon Burns (knee, 2021)
- Latrell Mitchell (hamstring, 2021)
- Taane Milne (knee, 2021)
- Jack Bird (knee, trials)
- Jack de Belin (stood down)
- Siosiua Taukeiaho (knee, 2021)
- Victor Radley (knee, 2021)
- Sam Verrills (knee, 2021)
- Billy Smith (knee, 2021)
- Leeson Ah Mau (pectoral, 2021)
- Jackson Frei (knee, 2021)
- Bunty Afoa (knee, 2021)
- Josh Aloiai (knee, 2021)
- Billy Walters (knee, 2021)
- James Roberts (pectoral, 2021)